Meat and Service Fish Counter Clerk in Tumwater, WA
Featured Employers Company:
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research CenterLocation:
Seattle, WAEmployment Type:
Full TimeDate Posted:
Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Science, Research & Development, Web Technology, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services, Energy / Utilities
OverviewCures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Biostatistics Program within the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's Division of Public Health Sciences is seeking a Statistical Research Associate (SRA). The SRA provides statistical support to research studies in a variety of contexts focused on novel cancer biomarker evaluations - see the Comprehensive Center for Advancement of Scientific Strategies (COMPASS) webpage for more information. The SRA works closely with and under the direction of lead statisticians and other scientists (including clinicians and basic scientists) on the analysis, interpretation and reporting of results.
The expectation for this position is that the SRA works 5 weekdays during normal business hours.
- Create analytic data sets, analytic programs, and reports of results
- Ensure data consistency, reconcile anomalies, and follow good data management practices
- Contribute to the development of statistical analysis plans
- Assist in developing and executing quality monitoring for ongoing data collection
- Support research studies through sample selection, interim and final analyses, and preparation of results for publication
- Review or confirm statistical considerations in protocols (sample size/power/blinding)
- Participate in team calls and meetings
- Document and archive datasets and analytic programs
- Experience required for SRA II:
- minimum 1 year of related experience
- Experience required for SRA III:
- minimum 3 years of related experience
- Master's degree in statistics or biostatistics required.
- Strong programming skills, including proficiency with R and/or SAS and/or Stata statistical software required. Proficiency with R greatly preferred.
- Careful data manipulation practices and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Able to acquire new skills and areas of knowledge independently
- Work well individually and as a team with a diverse group of researchers across disciplines
- Familiarity with modern regression techniques, such as lasso and random forest, highly desired.
- Previous experience in public health or clinical research preferred.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our HR Operations at HRops@fredhutch.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown)