SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. Job Description
Our East Syracuse, NY laboratory is looking for a X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Laboratory Analyst. The XRD Analyst prepares samples, analyzes samples on x-ray diffraction instrumentation, then evaluates the data and reports those results to clients.Responsibilities:
- Prepares samples.
- Loads, operates, calibrates and maintains instrumentation.
- Performs data review and audits and writes technical reports from results.
- Maintains up-to-date supplies and instrument consumables inventory.
- Follows departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines, company's guiding principles, data integrity standards and safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Science or a related science is required. Entry level and experienced candidates will be considered.
- Must have basic math and computer skills, laboratory knowledge, prior exposure to some laboratory equipment and an understanding of theory of instrument operation.
- Must have strong oral, listening and written communications skills.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills, innovation, independence, responsibility and leadership qualities, a positive attitude, strong ethics and enjoy working in a continuous improvement (CIP) team environment and culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to sit and stand for up to 4 hours at a time (each).
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds, routinely carry up to 10 pounds, and push a cart filled with supplies.
- Must be able to bend and reach with hands and arms in all directions including over the head.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.