RES is the nation s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
Reporting to the Technical and Regulatory Director, the Senior Regulatory Manager
is responsible for providing planning, permitting, operational oversight and reporting as it relates to environmental and regulatory matters for RES projects throughout Maryland
. This is an office-based position in Glen Burnie, Maryland.
- Exhibit leadership in technical and/or regulatory areas relevant to consulting, project development and execution
- In conjunction with Sales, market RES regulatory and environmental planning, restoration, auditing, and monitoring services to existing and new clients
- Review and prepare regulatory documents and deliverables, and respond to agency comments
- Manage the contract discussions with third party contractors, local planning authorities, and other project specific personnel for carrying out the project responsibilities efficiently
- Lead engagement with regulatory agencies to advocate for internal and external projects and obtain necessary permits
- Provide continual support for clients through ongoing discussions, monitoring of client issues and development of mitigation plans as required
- Provide project management and oversight of regulatory agency interactions and filings that also may include mitigation and conservation banking
- Manage and/or coordinate the regulatory baseline field team that includes field biologists, site assessment analysts, and third-party science consultants
- Participate in conferences, trade groups, and other external leadership roles to elevate brand awareness for RES in Maryland
- Analyze clients annual MS4 reports to understand needs and recommend strategies for engagement to develop business
- BA/BS Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Agricultural Science or similar Science
- 10 or more years of Regulatory, Water Resources or Environmental consulting experience
- At least 5 years experience working with section 404 permitting or other relevant state or federal permitting
- Experience with science, design and/or construction of wetlands and/or stream restoration Demonstrated existing relationships with public agencies and regulators, private developers, consulting and engineering firms, non-profits and academia within Maryland to further RES reputation and business interests
- Advanced understanding of and experience with relevant environmental regulations and permits/approvals (e.g. CWA 404/401, NWP/IP, NPDES, ESA), and credit release schedules.
- Advanced understanding of restoration design principles, approaches, and supporting technical information such as engineering design plans, functional calculations, and ecological data.
- Advanced experience independently accessing state and federal databases to extract specific information and interpreting and communicating results of data collected.
- Advanced experience reading and interpreting project maps and design plans and extract information from these documents to support permitting/regulatory deliverables.
- Strong familiarity with GIS capabilities and functions.
- Ability to independently develop a project budget, outline a project schedule and manage small to mid-size projects, as appropriate.
- Experienced in estimating, schedule and budget development
- Strong regulatory agency relations.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Team player and leader
- Experience as team lead of applied-sciences, engineering, or construction department
- Advanced Degree or additional qualifications in the art and science of Project Management, such as Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Wetlands Scientist (PWS)
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor