Overview Mosquito Control Technician
Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!Who are we?
Vector Disease Control is proud to be a member of the Rentokil family of companies in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services. ResponsibilitiesWhat do our Mosquito Technicians do?
Our Mosquito Technicians are responsible for performing mosquito surveillance, and control fieldwork, which is a part of an integrated mosquito management program. The Mosquito Tecnicians also provide a quality, and professional service to our customers by delivering service with courtesy, safety, and dependability, to ensure each customer has a positive experience. Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
What do you need?
- Routinely inspect control zones for potential mosquito breeding habitat and the presence of mosquito larvae by visual inspection and \u201cdipping\u201d
- Assess each inspection site and utilize the appropriate control techniques, such as: no action, source reduction, biological control, public education and chemical control (including the application of larvicides at the labeled application rates)
- Accurately record all findings and control activities on the appropriate log sheet and GPS unit, and enter data into VDCI's database as required by the contract
- Be thoroughly familiar with all applicable chemical labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and handle/apply all chemicals according to label specifications
- Obey all traffic laws
- Report all incidents or accidents to contract supervisor immediately
- Know and follow proper safety and spill procedures at all times, and use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) regularly
- Inspect private and/or public property for the presence of mosquito adults/larvae/breeding habitat when service requests are received
- Take appropriate control action (adulticide/larvicide/manipulate habitat) when mosquitoes are found, and accurately record all data on proper log sheet and GPS unit, and enter data into VDCI's database during service request inspections
- Communicate respectfully, honestly, and knowledgeably to residents at all times during service request inspections, routine larvicide activities, or during any other public relations activities
- Know and follow the proper and safe operations of all equipment used, including but not limited to: automobiles, ATVs, larvicide application equipment (Backpack applicators, B&G sprayers, squirt bottles, ), adulticide application equipment (hand-foggers, backpack foggers, truck foggers, etc.) dippers and other surveillance equipment, safety equipment (respirators, face shields, etc.)
- Fill trucks/sprayers with gasoline as needed
- Fill sprayers and any other application equipment with the proper pesticides as needed and follow all required safety precautions
- Wash trucks and clean equipment as required by the Contract Supervisor
- Mix pesticides & diluents accurately as needed, and follow all required safety precautions
- Maintain a clean, organized workplace and report safety hazards to the contract supervisor immediately
- Acquire and maintain all required licenses, certifications, , as required by the law and VDCI
- Never allow a passenger, other than another VDCI employee, to ride in a VDCI truck at any time
- Fully support, enforce, promote and implement the company's safety policies and programs
- React to change promptly and effectively, and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Why Choose Rentokil?
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor's (B.S.) degree in Biology, Natural Resources, Fisheries, Ecology or Marine (Not Chem)
- Minimum of 2 years of field experience working in a mosquito or vector surveillance program
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Must Obtain state pesticide applicator licensing (training provided)
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
A career with Rentokil is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil North America has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you? Additional Information
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.Link to Federal employment poster:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)