Slingshot Biosciences has developed a synthetic cell platform to address key needs in controls, diagnostics, and engineered cell therapies. By harnessing advances in biology, polymer chemistry, and lithography, we aim to lower the cost barriers for key therapeutics and diagnostic technologies to expand their global impact.
Were looking for a cell biologist and immunologist to join our growing team and help us build the next-generation of engineered cell therapy tools. You will be responsible for helping to spearhead our cell therapy product portfolio with hands-on and third-party CRO research programs from a technical perspective. To be successful in this role, youll need extensive knowledge of techniques involved in cell therapy development, manufacturing, and characterization in an industrial setting (preferred) or a strong academic track-record of success. You should also be comfortable writing technical reports and analyses of your findings to communicate to key executives and more broadly across the research organization.
* Source, implement and drive infrastructure for launching a portfolio of cell therapy products aimed at manufacturing, quality control and quality assurance
* Design, execute, analyze and report experimental results to key executives
* Drive scientific leadership in engineered cell therapies from an execution perspective and test product formulations for in-process manufacturing steps
* Communicate and interact with other members of the research and development organization to iterate on product formulations with the aim of optimizing performance
* Write technical reports of experimental results
* Ensure compliance with laboratory health and safety guidelines
* Previous experience as a cell biologist in a team setting (industrial experience preferred, or leading academic track-record in a recognized laboratory).
* Strong, demonstrated experience with design and execution of multi-color flow cytometry assays
* Hands-on experience with all required techniques for engineered cell therapy discovery, development, and deployment/manufacturing
* Excellent analytical and research skills
* High attention to detail
* Preferred skills include GxP, quality systems documentation, and assay validations
* PhD in Cell Biology, Immunology or an equivalent
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Stock Option Plan