Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II - Computational Biology in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. OBJECTIVE:
- Based in Cambridge, MA, the Computational Biology Scientist II will be part of a team focused on bioinformatics and computational biology support of translational and exploratory data analysis in neuroscience therapeutic area.
- The scientist will apply expertise in bioinformatics, genomics and computational biology to integrate and analyze publicly available and proprietary molecular profiling ‘omics datasets and phenotypic data to support Takeda discovery, translational and clinical development projects.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Translational and exploratory data analysis to support Takeda clinical, translational, and discovery projects to generate and evaluate hypotheses for patients stratification, biomarker and target validation/identification, drug mechanism, and new disease indication selection efforts.
- Performs advanced analysis of DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and other sequencing data in combination with publicly available genomics data to extract novel and biologically meaningful information.
- Apply various computational biology methods for translational research, including systems biology, pathway/network analysis, machine learning, GWAS, TWAS, PGS, etc.
- Method development for translational research, e.g. predictive modeling for patient stratification and disease indication selection.
- Integrates genetics, transcriptomics, epigenetics, proteomics and literature data to strengthen understanding of diseases and treatment perturbations.
- Utilizes multiple approaches for analyses of genetic variation, pathways and networks.
- Writes study reports and presents data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization.
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Ability to search literature and come up with innovative solution to difficult problems
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager
- Determines methods on new assignments; perform literature search as needed to propose innovation solutions
Travel : WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field with 2+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience in genomics/bioinformatics research.
- Previous industry experience, preferably with big pharmaceutical companies and on clinical programs.
- Solid background in genetics and genomics with an understanding of neurological disorders, and ability to interpret genetic findings in disease context.
- Solid hands on experience with GWAS/PheWAS/eQTL/pQTL analyses, WES/WGS sequencing data analyses, and rare variants analyses required.
- Experience in using pathway-based approaches, multivariate analyses, polygenic risk score analyses, machine learning
- Hands on experience in using public human databases such as UK Biobank, AMP-AD, AMP-PD
- Be expert in sequencing data analysis such as RNAseq, DNAseq, scRNA-seq, etc.
- Keeps current with emerging trends in bioinformatics and computational biology. Independently keep abreast of current literature in computational biology for drug discovery and development.
- Solid knowledge of Unix, command lines interfaces, and fluency in common scripting and/or programming language (e.g. R, Python, Perl, Java, C/C++) used for bioinformatics analysis.
- Familiarity with parallel computing, relational databases (e.g., SQL) and cloud computing or distributed computing (i.e. AWS). Familiarity with popular public domain data sources and programmatic interfaces
- Excellent problem solving, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; able to provide input on timelines and resource needs as indicated
- Independent, self-starting and supportive of team-based research and able to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Background in Neuroscience is a plus
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type