Senior Customer Delivery Architect - Cloud Consulting in Virtual Location - California, CA Leica Microsystems
Confocal Sales Specialist - N. CA (excluding SF Bay), HI, CO and Reno, NV in South San Francisco, CA Intel
JR0169336 - Full Stack Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA Cepheid
Manager, Manufacturing Quality in Lodi, CA WALGREENS
Customer Service Associate in Sacramento, CA Company:
South San Francisco, CAEmployment Type:
Full TimeDate Posted:
Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Science, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
Job Description Scientist l/ll, Cancer BiologyAbout AbbVie
AbbVieâ€™s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on peopleâ€™s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, womenâ€™s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Since 2013, AbbVie has expanded its commitment to the San Francisco Bay Area, now represented by three facilities in Redwood City, South San Francisco, Sunnyvale and a future new Bay Area headquarters in South San Francisco. AbbVie employees in the Bay Area drive AbbVie's research-based, innovation driven missions in healthcare. Specifically, Bay Area employees bring deep scientific expertise and commercial excellence to advance cancer care. Current oncology areas of focus include immuno-oncology, tumor targeting, tumor dependency and precision medicine. With facilities positioned in the heart of the biotechnology industry, we are able to collaborate with the best and brightest minds in oncology.
The Scientist I/II will be a key member of the Research Biology team responsible for providing strong technical expertise and implementation to support drug discovery and novel target identification and validation in both solid and hematologic tumor malignancies. The candidate will be responsible for executing tasks to achieve departmental and project goals. The candidate should be proficient in standard molecular biology, cell culture and biochemistry techniques and is expected to clearly communicate the scientific rationale, methodology and results in written and oral formats.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrate scientific knowledge and independence to establish and implement strategies for exploring the mechanisms of action of novel molecules to support translation into future therapies for new indications in both solid and hematological tumor malignancies.
- Hands-on execution: Advance science from the bench, design and execute various biochemical and cellular assays to determine potency and selectivity of small molecules to understand their SAR and mechanism of action.
- Work with supervisors to improve assay protocols and take the leading role in the development, optimization, and validation of new assays. Utilize technical expertise and available information to troubleshoot and resolve key assay hurdles when encountered.
- Apply basic cell and molecular biology techniques to identify and evaluate cellular efficacy and selectivity endpoints.
- Perform tasks with diligent attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Prioritize tasks and contribute to a highly motivated and productive research team with a sense of urgency and desire to meet project timelines.
- Accurately document, critically analyze/interpret data and communicate the results promptly.
- Strong interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment.
- Scientist II: BS with 7 or more years of relevant laboratory experience or MS with 5 or more years of relevant laboratory experience required with training in cancer biology.
- Scientist I: BS with 5 or more years of relevant laboratory experience or MS with 2 or more years of relevant laboratory experience required with training in cancer biology.
- Demonstrated ability to design, execute and interpret experiments via publications, external presentations, or patents.
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
- Experience in cell culture (suspension and adherent) and latest molecular and cellular biology assays including but not limited to DNA/RNA/protein purification, lentiviral transduction, CRISPR, RNAi, immunoprecipitation, WES, ELISA, MSD, qPCR, and colorimetric assays
- Expertise in multi-color immunophenotyping, flow cytometry and cell imaging techniques
- Experience with cell-based assay development, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Experience in establishing and fully validating compound potency assays using cell lines or primary human cells is essential. Experience in using cell biology models to elucidate molecular mechanisms of action
- Basic knowledge on biological data analysis tools (GraphPad Prism, FACS DIVA software, FlowJo, Image Studio, Compass) and computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Contribute to lab and equipment maintenance and help create a safe, effective, and efficient working environment.
Full-timeJob Level Code
ICEqual Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Contact Information Company Name:
Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown)