Job DescriptionPosition Summary
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs tests using PCR, RT-PCR and qRT-PCR to analyze nucleic acid for quantification and/or detection of microorganisms.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs DNA and RNA isolations of various sample types including stool, saliva, wastewater, etc.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs DNA sequencing using Illumina based technology.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs nucleic acid quantitation of samples.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Technologist I performs pooling of nucleic acid samples for testing.
- Handle incoming samples for accessioning, organizing, storing, and processing
- Processing of samples for PCR testing, which will include isolation of nuceic acid from various sample types, prep for RT-PCR, and running RT-PCR
- Perform pooling of nucleic acid for downstream sequencing, as well as loading sequencing instrument with sample pool
- Perform consumable/control prep in preparation for downstream testing
- Troubleshooting PCR assay
- On-time delivery of client sample testing within quality specifications
- Adhere to quality management system and laboratory SOPs
- Develop or modify SOPs as needed
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
- Bachelor's degree in science or related discipline
- Minimum two years of experience in a molecular biology laboratory
- Physical stamina as you will often spend hours on your feet performing various tests
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds
Company DescriptionCosmosID is a Next-Generation bioinformatics and sequencing provider focused on microbial genomics.