Senior Research Associate I, Biology
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series C, privately-held biopharmaceutical company that is shaping the future of heart disease treatment driven by a bold mission: to discover, develop and deliver curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of disease. Tenaya is developing therapies for rare genetic disorders as well as for more prevalent heart conditions through three platforms: Gene Therapy, Regeneration and Precision Medicine. Founded by leading cardiology researchers at the Gladstone Institutes and UT Southwestern, Tenaya is backed by a top-tier syndicate of investors, including The Column Group, Casdin Capital, RA Capital, RTW, Fidelity, T Rowe Price, GV and others. Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 80+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA. For more information, please visit [ and follow us on LinkedIn.
Diversity & Inclusion is a core Value for Tenaya and we encourage those from under-represented communities to apply.
Tenaya has an immediate need for a Senior Research Associate I to support the gene therapy team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and problem-solver who will work closely with the team to drive the companys future success.
Ideally, you thrive in a startup, fast-paced environment where every day is unique. You are confident, poised and cool-headed, no matter how much is changing around you. You strive for excellence in every facet of your work and you understand the excitement and commitment of start-up roles. Finally, you love being part of a team aligned around a compelling mission.
* Employ cutting edge molecular, cell, and biochemistry techniques to enhance drug discovery efforts
* Execute a range of experiments using molecular biology techniques including plasmid design, DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, and virus preparation
* Perform a diverse range of cell-based assays to characterize lead gene therapeutics
* Oversee all aspects of maintaining human cell lines including passaging and distributing cells, preparation of tissue culture reagents, and helping with tissue culture room upkeep and restocking
* Present findings in both small and large group company meetings
* A Bachelor or Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience in the biotech/biopharma industry
* Prior experience with standard molecular and mammalian cell culture techniques
* Candidates with human iPS cell culture, high throughput screening, rodent handling, tissue sectioning, and flow cytometry experience are strongly encouraged to apply
* The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, to communicate clearly and effectively, as well as to build open and collaborative relationships are essential.
* A positive attitude and strong attention to details are required.
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.