ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1 billion in grants to more than 500 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
* Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs [ focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
* Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services [ provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence [ service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations [ that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking [ services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
* Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit [
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Climate change is one of the defining issues of our time impacting our health, our safety, and our livelihoods now and for generations to come. Despite growing awareness and increased public mobilization on this issue, we are not yet on track to contain this threat. But we can be. Humanity has the solutions and the pathways to end this crisis, and collectively we can make this decade the one for climate action.
Sound compelling? We think so too. The communications and marketing team at ClimateWorks Foundation plays a key role in building awareness, generating donor interest, and promoting philanthropic collaborations that can help end the climate crisis. Were a quickly growing team, working to expand the organizations impact, outreach, and engagement to donors, partners, and grantees globally.
ABOUT THE JOB
If youre seeking a position where the work you do makes a difference in the world and where you can put your fingerprints on the development of something new, this job could be for you. Were looking for an experienced manager of donor communications who can apply their strategic thinking, creativity, and writing skills to help build this new function at ClimateWorks. Working with our development team, youll help map out the development process and identify and develop materials, proposals, events, and outreach campaigns to engage and build our donor community.
This is a highly collaborative role where youll also partner with our programs and services teams, external partners and vendors, and your teammates in our communications team to deliver on projects. Your superb ability to tell a story in words, slides, or video will come in handy as you communicate the extraordinary impact that philanthropy can have on climate change mitigation and the benefits to donors of working with ClimateWorks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate with the development team to create a communications strategy and materials to achieve annual fundraising goals.
* Work with the development team to develop proposals and presentations to help acquire new climate donors.
* Identify and develop succinct and compelling materials to support ClimateWorks-wide and program/service-specific fundraising, including case statements, concept notes, pitch decks, etc.
* Interview donors to create stories of impact that highlight the value of the ClimateWorks platform and publish as articles, blogs, videos, etc.
* Partner with the development team to create targeted outreach to build donor engagement, from first contact through stewardship, across channels email, web, events, etc.
* Work with in-house communications and external vendors to produce materials and execute communications plans.
* Develop & publish the ClimateWorks annual report.
* 7-9 years of experience creating donor communications at an organization focused on climate, environment, social justice, or research
* Understanding of the development process for cultivating and stewarding major donors ideally foundations, family offices, and high net worth individuals
* Superb writing and editing skills with proven ability to translate complex concepts into crisp, clear, accessible language, especially suitable for donor communications
* Strong storytelling ability communicated via words, presentations, proposals, video, and more
* Demonstrated understanding of current trends in fundraising and communications
* Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to set priorities and complete projects in a timely manner
* Enthusiastic and natural team player with strong communications skills and the ability to work with cross-functional, virtual, and diverse teams to develop plans and drive results
* Proficiency working with PowerPoint or other presentation development tools
* A commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
* Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, or related field (or equivalent relevant experience)
* Passionate about working to end the climate crisis and create a safe, equitable, and sustainable future
* Knowledge and interest in climate change, climate policy, and other relevant fields
* Experience working in an organization that is quickly scaling
* Familiarity working with marketing systems such as InDesign, Word Press, Salesforce, Pardot, and Google Analytics
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. In light of COVID-19, we expect for this position to commence initially as a remote work opportunity as state and local health guidelines evolve.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission [
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location). This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
* HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
* POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
* Dental 100% coverage for employee and dependents
* Vision 100% coverage for employee and dependents
* Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
* 20 days (1st year)
* 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
* 30 days (9th year)
* 11 Observed and 2 floating
* After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
* After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*