Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines that unlock the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozens technology and approach to therapeutic development.
We are currently recruiting a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Discovery Biology group. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic, and motivated analyst/scientist to work in an exciting, collaborative environment with great colleagues who are dedicated to advancing Surrozens mission.
* Analyze complex in-house scRNA-seq data with multiple experimental conditions in a range of tissues to contribute to mechanism of action and biomarker studies
* Interrogate in-house and public bioinformatics data such as functional genomics (_e.g_., RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, spatially resolved transcriptomics, ATAC-seq, Chip-seq) and imaging data
* Do rigorous, thorough analyses following best practices and using state-of-the-art approaches
* Develop relevant bioanalytical methods/tools as needed
* Compose detailed analytical reports, concise and clear key summaries, and quality visualizations
* Collaborate with scientists who work at the bench and interact closely with others doing bioinformatics analyses
* Ph.D. or Masters in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Genomics, Computational Biology or other relevant quantitative field
* 5+ years relevant experience (including graduate school) in biomedical data analysis
* Demonstrated success analyzing bioinformatics data, especially scRNA-seq
* Extensive experience both working independently on analysis problems and working closely and collaboratively with biologists to understand critical questions and context
* Expert in relevant languages for data analysis (R, Python)
* Experience with Bioconductor and developing analytical methods/tools
* Experience working with imaging and/or spatial transcriptomics data
* Experience applying machine and deep learning approaches
* The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, to communicate effectively, and to build collaborative relationships is critical
* We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team
* Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
* Stock options
* Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
* Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry
* State-of-the-art research facility and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove: