Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products. In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
We are seeking a candidate with experience in virology, microbiology, or molecular biology to assist at the bench with routine cell culture, viral assay, molecular biology, and general laboratory procedures. The candidate will work in the Companion Animal and Equine Global Biologics group where they will assist with developing veterinary vaccines. They will be responsible for supporting laboratory colleagues, performing routine laboratory procedures, and maintaining accurate records.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
QualificationsMinimum Background and Experience:
- Maintenance and preparation of mammalian cell culture and virus stocks to support early discovery studies.
- Perform viral infection experiments in a BL-2 setting with veterinary pathogens.
- Perform standard laboratory assays and procedures such as nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, ELISA and Western blotting.
- Maintain a research laboratory notebook to document all lab-based work and write basic study reports.
- Order and stock laboratory equipment and supplies for the CAE laboratory.
- Clean and maintain general laboratory equipment.
- Work with multiple scientists within the group to effectively schedule work.
- Educational background: Course work and laboratory experience in biology, biochemistry, microbiology or related disciplines.
- Training in aseptic techniques and cell culture.
- Familiarity in working with BL-2 pathogens and the use of appropriate PPE.
- Highly computer literate. Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Other Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Capable of interpreting and carrying-out experimental design and protocols.
- Individual must have good organizational skills and attention to detail. Individual should be highly motivated, must be a team player, and capable of working with minimal oversight in a cross-functional environment.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI I are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays