Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
The EH&S Manager is responsible for driving Environmental Health and Safety compliance, while building cross functional relationships and facilitating a behavioral based culture.
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable EHS Regulations.
- Practice transparent compliance by utilizing EHS walk-throughs, corrective action logs, risk assessments and behavioral based safety observations.
- Champion efforts to audit physical conditions and safe work practices and researching standards, regulations, etc.
- Implement, educate and maintain policies, practices, and programs associated with all phases of occupational safety, health, accident prevention, and environmental compliance.
- Lead and investigate employee near miss, corrective action, incident investigation, root cause discovery and reporting efforts. Ensure cross communication with sister sites.
- Recommend, develop, implement and create programs in order to reduce work related incidents or injuries with emphasis on prevention efforts geared toward near miss reporting, zero incident-injury goals and risk mitigation efforts.
- Manage EH&S training programs including but not limited to Emergency Action and Fire Prevention, Hazard Communication, GHS, Process Safety Management, Lockout/Tagout, Proper Storage and Disposal of Hazardous - Non Hazardous Waste.
- Gather and interpret data needed to provide on time delivery of annual EH&S state and federal reporting.
- Provide timely new product/process safety reviews via the Workflow System and actively participate in Management of Change efforts.
- Create strong and effective Hazardous Waste Operations/Spill Response Team. Serve as site's Incident Commander.
- Fostering EHS Committee(s) that will aid in a strong and sustainable safety culture.
- Bachelor degree with focus in safety, environmental science or health, chemistry, engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in the EHS capacity in an industrial environment preferably within process manufacturing, petrochemical or chemical manufacturing.
- Specific knowledge and experience in local, state and federal regulations relating to safety & environmental issues.
- ASP, CSP, CIH or CHMM preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to drive change.