Job DescriptionRelocation eligible, competitive salary, great benefits right here in the "medical mecca" of the Midwest with Best in the Nation health systems: Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals. We offer: 2 medical plans, dental, vision, company-paid + supplemental life & income replacement benefits, 401k with company match-JOIN US!!
- Develop, prepare, implement and manage company-wide HSE Procedures, Manuals and Plans in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Identification, assessment and implementation of controls/programs for chemical and physical hazards
- Provide technical and regulatory support to site operational activities to assure low incidence rate and high level of compliance
- Promote cultural change to systematically improve safety, hygiene and environmental performance
- Maintain and facilitate communications with regulatory and emergency response agencies
- Training of staff on HSE regulations and procedures
- Regulatory, compliance and technical resources for senior and executive leadership
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit plan and a great workplace with really smart people, so join us!
- Technical degree in sciences and/or engineering
- Relevant experience (minimum of 6 - 10 years) in chemical and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Regulatory awareness, practical knowledge/experience and program development/management in the areas of:
- Chemical Safety including Laboratory Safety, Process Safety (Hazard Assessment and Control) and MSDS Generation/Management
- General Safety including Occupational Safety (OSHA) and MSDS Management/Preparation
- Chemical Hygiene including PPE Assessment, Exposure Control and Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
- Environmental Compliance and Permitting to include Air (Title V), Surface Water (NPDES/SWPPP), Hazardous Waste (RCRA Large Quantity Generator/Contingency Plan) and POTW
- Emergency Response and Business Continuity Planning
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and technical writing skills with the ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Experience in interactions with regulatory agencies to support permitting and compliance inspections
- Ability to establish an EH&S training program
- Experience in CRO, APIs, Hazmat, DOT and Potent Compounds and/or Safety Professional Certification (CSP) considered a plus
Olon Ricerca Bioscience LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.