Company : Advisian
Other Locations : USA-CA-Costa Mesa, USA-CA-Long Beach, USA-CA-Concord
Job : Compliance
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : Experienced
Job Posting : Aug 27, 2021
Reporting Manager Title : VP, Environment & Society, USA
Advisian (Worley Group)
San Francisco Bay Area, Long Beach, Concord or Costa Mesa, CA
Advisian, part of the Worley Group, is a global consulting business built from bringing together our Management Consulting, our Technical Consulting and INTECSEA. We provide deep technical expertise and advice to clients in the energy (renewables, including offshore wind, transmission, utilities and microgrids), infrastructure (pipelines, ports, services) and resource sectors. Through the real world experience of our consultants, we help clients create greater value, new possibilities and superior outcomes from their assets and businesses.
Advisian is a leading provider of Environment and Society services for the resources and energy sectors. We provide leading Society, Engagement & Governance, Regulatory Approvals, Permitting & Compliance and Planning, Monitoring & Management expertise to our clients in compliance with federal, state and local requirements, and international standards. All of our practices are supported by the strength of our group's scientists - focused on Atmospherics, Land, Water (Freshwater and Marine), Ecology and Health.
We have an opportunity for an exceptional candidate to be a core member of a recently formed San Francisco regional office. You will work with the Vice President - Environment & Society, USA to both help grow and respond to project opportunities in California and to help implement our strategy for national and international growth. You will be in at the beginning of project opportunities and help grow them into long term projects and client relationships based on top-class understanding of the regulatory environment, the issues important to California and our network of new and existing clients. Our focus in California is on energy transition and water, but we support the broader Advisian client base as well.
This new and exciting opportunity will report to the Vice President - Environment & Society, USA.
Primary Objectives and Accountabilities of the Role As our ideal candidate for this dynamic and challenging role, your responsibilities, with the support and mentoring of senior staff, will consist of the following tasks:
- Preparing, reviewing and managing environmental studies and documentation under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and potentially the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Assist in identifying permit reqirements and the roadmap for permitting and in preparing permit studies and applications, under local, state and federal requirements
- Use and develop databases and schedules to track permit timelines and actions and to manage permit conditions and mitigation measures for compliance tracking and reporting
- Preparation and/or review of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets
- Advising internal senior consultants and principals on environmental and permitting issues
- Communicate effectively and work with regulators and other stakeholders with or on behalf of clients to further project delivery and success
- Project management, including coordination of techinical tasks and periodic reporting to clients
- Work with senior consultants and principals in the practice to identify opportunities and prepare winning proposals
- Quality assurance - responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Environment & Society Practice
- Responsible for personal safety and the safe working practices and understand and follow Advisian occupational health and safety procedures
- Travel as required for field programs and meetings
Essential Requirements and Skills
- Bachelors or master's degree in environmental planning, biology, environmental resource management, environmental law, or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of professional experience, preferably with an environmental consulting organization
- Demonstrated commitment to HSE leadership
- Hands on experience with CEQA documentation including NOPs, MNDs, EIRs and other procedural requirements
- An understanding of other relevant laws and regulatory agencies including the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act and Clean Air Act, as well as similar state laws
- Developing client interfacing skills and understanding of the business development process, including proposals
- Track record of successful management support of projects / work packages to track budget and schedule and identify variations
- Technical reporting and writing skills
- Support of proposals, budget estimates and schedules for projects / work packages
- A desire to be part of a team and grow your skill sets and your career, under the tutelage of senior practitioners in our profession
Advisian offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian is an equal opportunity employer.