401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Employee discount, Flexible schedule, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Professional development assistance, referral program, relocation assistance, retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, Bonus pay, Signing bonus
The Operations Director (OD) is a core member of the Deschutes Wilderness Therapy management team and reports to the Executive Director. The overall mission of the OD is to oversee the Operations Department, collaborate with other Deschutes Wilderness Therapy departments, support all Deschutes Wilderness Therapy employees, and to ensure exceptional service for Deschutes Wilderness Therapy students and families.
The OD oversees hiring, onboarding, and supervision of all operations and logistics employees through leadership, management, and accountability. The OD oversees the logistics team in ensuring proper equipment and facilities are available to staff and students to support field and office operations.
Associated accountabilities include oversight of the warehouse, program gear, inventory systems, food systems, vehicle fleet, buildings, assets, grounds, land management, and permitting. The OD is expected develop and maintain relationships with local contractors, businesses, community members, and service providers to ensure timely and professional solutions to issues. The OD is expected to support other Deschutes Wilderness Therapy team members in the development, implementation, execution, and maintenance of effective operating systems. The OD is accountable for Deschutes Wilderness Therapy field related technology and the field communications system, including device acquisition, assignment, tracking, and maintenance, as well as development, implementation, execution, and maintenance of related systems. The OD has further support responsibilities in admissions, marketing, employee development, programming, and on-call risk management roles. The OD is expected to maintain an individualized marketing plan (IMP) to aid in industry outreach and visibility. The OD is expected to collaborate with the Programming Department in development and implementation of immersion and adventure therapy protocols and operations. The OD is responsible for cross-coverage of the Program Director and Office Manager positions in the event of absence. Minimum Qualifications:
- The Operations Director must be at least 25 years old and possess a BS/BA degree in related field; MS/MA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth, or comparable experience.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Ability to self-transport when the need arises is highly desirable and includes a mileage reimbursement
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations and have the ability to walk at least 1 mile over uneven terrain.
- Ability to camp competently and safely in four-season conditions.
- Must possess a current first aid and CPR certification; Certified Wilderness First Responder preferred.
Apply Now with our quick 3 minute Application!
* Fields Are Required What is your full name?
First Name How can we contact you?
Number Type What is your preferred method of communication?