The primary purpose of this position is to understand, communicate internally, and advise on all environmental requirements pertaining to waste, water and remediation. The position will work with Talen leadership, operations and legal to help form strategies for addressing new and developing requirements, assist with developing/maintaining corporate policies and systems (including the environmental audit program), and advise operations on compliance issues. The position involves representing Talen when working with agencies or industry groups and communicating with both Talen leadership and operations on waste or water issues.
* Ensure Talen is aware of, plans for, and provides input into changes in environmental regulations and legislation pertaining to waste, water, and remediation, primarily through the involvement with industry groups with which Talen participates.
* With input from legal, operations and Talen leadership, develop strategies for compliance with major regulatory programs, such as Coal Combustion Residual (CCR) and Effluent Limitation Guidelines (ELGs). Communicate with all levels within Talen in these efforts, including Talen top leadership, and transition the implementation of the strategy to operations.
* Review all water-, waste-, and remediation-related permit applications and key compliance submittals to ensure to ensure they are consistent with Talen policies and regulatory requirements.
* Provide input into Talen's financial reporting process, as it pertains to regulatory and legislative emergent issues and potential water-, waste- and remediation-related liabilities.
* Support legal in resolving enforcement actions, threatened and actual litigation.
* Manage Talen's environmental audit program, scheduling the auditor site visits, finalizing reports with operations' input, and tracking completion of audit items.
* Support the permitting of any new projects (e.g., renewable development), as needed.
* Support the development and maintenance of Company-wide policies and programs as part of Talen's ESG efforts.
* Four-year college degree with a minimum of a BA required in a science/environmental discipline.
* Incumbent must have a solid technical background in the power generation field (10 + years).
* Incumbent must have 10 years of environmental regulatory experience with a focus on compliance and permitting and have strong regulatory experience in at least two of the three subject fields: water, waste, and remediation.
* PC skills with spreadsheet applications are also required.
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* MS in a technical or engineering discipline.
Number of Openings
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .