At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist -NGS Sequencing and Molecular Biology
The Cell Therapy Molecular Technology team, part of the Engineered T Cell Biology Group within early R&D, is seeking a molecular biologist with next generation sequencing experience to be part of our team. The successful candidate will support efforts to molecularly characterize cell therapy products in various stages of development through our collaborative efforts with teams in early research, product development and translational science. The position will require efforts with experimental design, execution, data collection, data analysis, and presentation of results in team meetings. This role provides great opportunities not only to grow subject matter expertise but also to interact with multiple project teams and cross-functional stakeholders.
BS/MS in Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology or a related field with 5-8 years' experience in an academic/industry laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional team, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
* Perform DNA/RNA extraction along with appropriate QC methods.
* Develop and Optimize molecular assays such as qPCR or ddPCR.
* Make NGS libraries, most commonly RNAseq or 10X Genomics single cell libraries.
* Help develop novel NGS methods to better characterize cell therapy products.
* Order and maintain supplies necessary to support your work or the work of the team.
* Operate and Maintain Sequencers.
* Operate liquid handlers for more routine/higher throughput methods
* Maintain an accurate and detailed electronic notebook
* Compile results into Powerpoint presentations for group meetings
* Experience with DNA/RNA extraction.
* Experience with molecular assay development (qPCR/ddPCR).
* Some experience with the more routine NGS methods. WGS,Fragment libraries, RNASeq, MethylSeq, targeted sequencing etc.
* Experience with long read library preparation and sequencing methods (PacBio or Oxford Nanopore).
* Experience with single cell genomics methods (10X Genomics, Mission Bio Tapestri, etc).
* Experience with lab automation or operation of liquid handlers.
* Familiarity with lentivirus or AAV biology/genomics, as well as T cell or CAR-T biology.
* Experience aseptic technique, cell handling and cell culture
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.