Program Associate, TRAFFIC, Wildlife Conservation - 22022
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Program Associate to support the Wildlife Conservation team's ongoing initiatives to reduce the negative impacts of wildlife trade globally. The role will include conducting desktop research and analysis, developing materials for external audiences, engaging with private sector partners, coordinating among WWF teams globally, and external partners, and providing administrative support for projects and events.
- Supports projects with desktop research into wildlife trade, zoonotic disease risks from trade and consumption.
- Supports and produces reports for private sector partners, general audiences and WWF stakeholders.
- Assists with assembling reporting and proposal materials for donors.
- Assists with presentation material development and preparations.
- Coordinates meetings with network colleagues and external partners.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for projects, including events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 6 years of relevant experience in wildlife trade, conservation, sustainability, or corporate social responsibility. A Bachelor's degree will substitute for 4 years of experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to communicate complex issues both verbally and in written form preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work under time constraints preferred
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment desired
- Strong research and analytical skills, particularly online research methods preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills requiring knowing when to use courtesy, tact and/or diplomacy to effectively communicate with all constituents preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wildlife trade preferred.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF's core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- We are looking to fill the position quickly. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply by Sunday, September 12.
- This is initially a 1-year Limited-Term position. There is the possibility of renewal pending additional funding.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22022
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.