Inventory Specialist in Town of Smithtown, NY Verizon
Business Sales Account Executive in Fishkill, NY
Global Environmental Health & Safety Director - Remote Company:
New York, NYEmployment Type:
Full TimeDate Posted:
Accounting/Auditing, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Computers, Software, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Legal, Manufacturing and Production, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Environmental, Energy / Utilities
Job Description Global Environmental Health & Safety Director - Remote
Find what drives you on a team with a 70+ year history of being recognized for discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our portfolio is broad, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, youll find a rewarding role here. Our career opportunities are as diverse as our products and they are all focused on creating better lives and a better planet. At Pall, we believe that innovation is our legacy, our privilege, and our destiny. If that resonates with you, join us!
In this critical role, The Global Environmental Health and Safety Director leads, plans, coordinates, creates, innovates, and directs the Pall Industrial Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program. This includes compliance with EHS regulations and standards and to mitigate or eliminate EHS risks.
The Global EHS Director must have a strong ability to influence and lead associates, set direction and vision and provide support to all levels within the organization via the Danaher Business System (DBS is similar to Six Sigma / continuous improvement) to find root cause and provide sustainable solutions. This leader will connect with employees at different levels and deliver effective communications both written and verbal with emotional intelligence to handle and resolve conflicts effectively. Oversight will include prioritizing multiple demanding projects. This senior level role reports to the VP Global EHS and Facilities and provides support to Pall operations sites and functions globally including but not limited to USA, France, Germany, and England.Core Responsibilities
- Collaborates with leadership at all levels to set EHS Excellence strategies and annual goals for manufacturing sites. Analyze performance, find opportunities, and set strategies / policy for year-over-year improvement and sustainment.
- Leads strategy, reporting and supports other EHS related daily management activities and tactics. Also handles the Global Business Continuity (BCMS) and emergency response strategy and bowler.
- Provides summary reports and visual management on the progress towards EHS goals, on site EHS activities, and any agency/regulatory inspections/violations.
- Serves as lead auditor for Pall EHS Platform audits of up to 20 + global facilities, tracks audit completion, and aids facilities to resolve action items; provides site support for Danaher Corporate EHS Compliance Audits.
- Handles the FM Global (property insurance) program tracking and recommendation execution to achieve and maintain property risk targets, including tracking and assisting on resolution of recommendations, updating FM Global MyRiskTM and verification of sustainment and credit for site level Highly Protected Risk (HPR) status.
- Assists with and provides guidance for environmental and safety regulatory reports prior to submission (Tier II, Form R, BLS, etc.); handles top level Gensuite Americas compliance calendar.
- Assists with data collection of customers EHS requirements including training, certifications, and maintenance of third party vendor assurance (ISNetworld, Ecovadis, etc.)
- Leads implementation and sustainment of 4E (JHA / FMEA) Danaher Business System (DBS) tools including development for growth (D4G) of certified Danaher 4E practitioners.; expected to earn 4E master practitioner certification in 18 months.
- Develops and leads EHS focused kaizen; runs the EHS kaizen funnel, participates in other kaizen to learn and use existing DBS tools such as 4E, Kamishibai, and Danaher EHS Risk Score improvement strategy. Ensures EHS risk is integrated into operations and support function transactional kaizen and PSP activity including 5S, SMED, Lean Conversion, Value Stream Mapping, and variation reduction.
- Develops and delivers presentations to and provides advice to operations management, individual site leadership teams and EHS professionals/staff; maintains strong working relationship with Operations BU Vice Presidents.
- Provides guidance/support to handle EHS related regulatory responses and follow-up activities towards positive outcomes that minimize regulatory and reputational risk.
- Maintains a strong matrix reporting relationship will all site EHS Managers, EHS job share roles, and other EHS subject matter authorities including JAPAC EHS Director, Global Director Facilities & Sustainability, and other operations and functional leaders.
- Provides feedback, coaching, and guidance for performance appraisals, promotions, hiring, development plans for site level EHS staff to ensure engagement and strong EHS talent succession funnel including coordination of annual EHS professional development events and activities.
- Demonstrates and applies EHS regulations and standards and uses guidelines and industry ideal practices to drive continuous improvement.
- Fifteen or more years providing EHS leadership for a manufacturing environment.
- Industrial, aerospace, oil & gas, food & beverage, medical device, or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Five plus years current experience in a leadership or senior advisory role for EHS.
- Must have had extensive EHS oversight for multiple manufacturing locations globally.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to understand key achievements, goals, and objectives while leading groups of internal and external resources to meet project goals.
- Practiced DBS and or Six Sigma / Kaizen business methodology.
- Ability to put strategy to action and influence across various functions and levels within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) with focus in Environmental Management & Sustainability, Occupational Safety & Health Management, Industrial Hygiene, or other related science/engineering degree (required). Masters degree in business (MBA) or related science or engineering (MS/MA) field of study (preferred).
- Preferred certifications/designations: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Ability to work remote and travel up to 40% including international travel.
- Must have valid passport or ability to obtain.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, climb ladders and stairways and lift up to 30 lbs.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required. #LI-Remote
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve.Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or email@example.com
to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.
Contact Information Contact Name: Company Name:
Pall Phone Number: Contact Email: Website:
https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/... Company Description:Please visit our employer showcase!
Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown) Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown)