Transforming Careers that are Transforming Lives
Vice President, Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology
Vice President, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
We aim to revolutionize therapeutic drug development by mapping immune disease drivers through our unique, high-throughput and unbiased platforms. We are seeking a Vice President, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology to join our growing team of passionate researchers focused on unlocking human immunology. Scope
As a key member of the Science team, the Vice President, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, will be accountable for developing, operationalizing and growing infrastructure for statistical and biological analysis and interpretation of all bioinformatics data generated with platforms.
- Provide scientific, technical and organizational leadership for the Computational Biology group in support of programs, with a focus on building datasets, algorithms, computational pipelines and data storage and mining solutions for big data generated from our proprietary platforms along with public source data.
- Supervise development of multiple NGS pipelines and workflows, working in collaboration with wet lab research teams to produce new technologies.
- Establishment of a top quality, multidisciplinary computational research with expertise in data mining, text mining, data analysis, data visualization, computer programming, computational biology with application to key therapeutic area projects.
- Identification, implementation and resourcing of new technologies and methods for optimizing and automating the pipeline for data analysis, storage, protection, and sharing.
- Contribute to the overall screening strategy for all programs.
- Manage in-house and/or outsourced biostatisticians/programmers, and mentor these teammembers as required.
- Ensure compliance of Computational Biology staff with all required training, safety, regulatory, HR,laboratory notebook, and intellectual property activities and corporate policies.
- Serve as a general bioinformatics resource at the company.
- Work in a matrix environment with research partners to drive scientific discovery of newtherapeutic solutions, and biomarker discovery for patient stratification and companion diagnostic development.Professional Experience/Qualifications:
- PhD in Computational/Informatics, Biostatistics or related discipline with a minimum of 12 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience, including responsibility for managing staff.
- Strong coding skills required, proficiency in R, Python, etc, and experience with data processing, statistical analysis, and data visualization including in a cloud environment.
- Experience implementing workflows to process high throughput sequencing data and performing downstream analysis that generates biological insights.
- Experience building open, complex searchable datasets for end users.
- Highly motivated with ability to work successfully in a matrixed team environment andindependently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with ability to work successfully across disciplines.Additional desirable experience:
- Wet lab experience in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Understanding of immunology and translational research
- Experience in genetic screening library design
- AboutUS We unprecedented precision and scale to immuno-typing, leveraging proprietary, agnostic and high-throughput platforms to identify novel therapeutic targets for a wide range of immune and inflammatory diseases. Our initial insights already demonstrate utility in specific autoimmunity, oncology, allergy and infectious disease. Founded by Longwood Fund and pioneering scientists Steve Elledge PhD, Ben Larman PhD, and Tomasz Kula PhD, supported by a syndicate of biotech investors and headquartered in Boston, MA.
- Please Forward all opportunity inquiries to: email@example.com