1 day left
- Salary Type
LSA is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Biologist to assist our Riverside and Palm Springs offices with projects in Western Riverside County and the Coachella Valley. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 10 years of progressive and successful experience in the following areas:
- Experience performing biological surveys and technical report writing, including impact assessments of proposed projects on local wildlife species and plant communities, sensitive/listed species and their habitats (e.g., desert tortoise, burrowing owl, both Western and Coachella Valley MSHCP special status species, etc.), and familiarity with all applicable State and federal regulations pertaining to biological resources (e.g., Section 404, 401, and 1602).
- Expertise in conducting wetlands delineations, resource agency permitting, mitigation plan development, preparation of biological reports and Western Riverside County MSHCP documents (Consistency Reports, DBESP, HANS and JPR process) and biological sections for CEQA and NEPA documents.
- Experience with conducting meetings with clients and regulatory agencies, scoping projects for the appropriate level of services and budgets as needed, maintaining schedules, coordinating tasks with staff, and conducting quality control. The appropriate candidate will be expected to oversee existing work.
- Strong knowledge of inland/desert Southern California flora and fauna, including at least two years working in Western Riverside County and/or the Coachella Valley.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver's license required.
Qualified Candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Biological resource assessments (CEQA/NEPA)
- Botanical surveys
- Wildlife species surveys
- Wetland delineations & jurisdictional determinations
- CRAM assessment
- Regulatory permitting
- Regulatory compliance oversight and monitoring
- Restoration planning, habitat management, mitigation monitoring
- Western Riverside MSHCP documents
- GIS data collection
The successful candidate must possess:
- BS from an accredited college or university in biology, botany, ecology, environmental science, natural resources, or a closely related discipline and at least 10+ years of relevant consulting experience.
Strong emphasis is placed on previous technical experience and quality of work. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are essential. Salary is commensurate with experience.
LSA is a diversified environmental, transportation, and community planning organization with California offices in Carlsbad, Clovis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Point Richmond, Riverside, Roseville, and San Luis Obispo. The staff at LSA includes experts in environmental analysis, transportation planning and engineering, biology and wetlands, habitat restoration, resource management, geographic information systems (GIS), community and land planning, landscape architecture, archaeology and paleontology, noise, and air quality. We are recognized as innovators in the field of environmental impact assessment, and we have developed a reputation among clients and professional peers in both the public and private sectors as being thorough, innovative, and objective.
LSA’s greatest asset is its employee ownership. LSA offers excellent compensation and benefits, including competitive pay; medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, long-term care, group life and AD&D insurance plans; vacation, sick, and holiday pay; an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a Profit Sharing and Savings Plan (with 401k and company match). LSA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Please visit our job portal to apply for this position at: http://lsa.net/careers/openings/