Job DescriptionEnvironmental SpecialistCambridge, MA Environmental Specialistassists with the implementation of a site-wide Environmental Program. Implementation will be consistent with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements, and Environmental, Health, and Safety guidelines and policies. Environmental Specialist Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily implementation of the environmental program components.
- Monitors, collects, and reports site environmental performance (hazardous waste inspections, air emissions tracking, wastewater compliance, etc.) in a standardized reporting format.
- Interacts with researchers to assist with proper disposal of regulated wastes generated in laboratory operations.
- Creates new programs, or implements existing programs and procedures, to meet environmental regulatory and guideline requirements, as requested.
- Supports on site waste disposal contractor with compliance verification inspections in storing and shipping of hazardous, biohazardous and universal wastes.
- Inspects waste generation sites on a regular basis to confirm compliance and to gauge effectiveness at implementation of the environmental policies and procedures.
- Helps develop and monitors progress towards site sustainability goals (energy and waste reduction).
- Assists EHS staff with investigations of environmental-related incidents, as requested.
- Ensures compliance with dangerous goods shipping requirements, as requested.
- Works with the other members of the Site, Global and Corporate EHS team, as assigned.
- BS Degree Preferred
- Previous experience with Hazard Waste Industry.
- Knowledge of waste codes.
- DOT certification preferred.