Associate Director, PH Structural Biology
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference. Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading an internal team of 6-8 structural biologists working in PH
- Lead / Contribute to the structural biology strategy for CRBN-mediated degradation of neosubstrates of interest.
- Participate in a key alliance established to identify neosubstrates across cell lines representing human tumors and other diseases
- Key contributor to leveraging PH-related CryoEM efforts via new collaboration with Princeton University
- Plan, execute, and report on studies resulting in novel structures for CELMoDS and Ligand Directed Degraders (LDDs)
- Lead structural biology efforts pursuing novel ligands for E3 ligases
- Represent the PH Structural Biology at project level and departmental meetings
- Lead and participate in departmental initiatives and represent PH Structural Biology on cross-functional initiatives / work streams / taskforces
- Interact closely with biology and chemistry on drug discovery teams
- Work with Business Development teams and provide critical expertise to assess external opportunities
- Provide mentorship and career development guidance to staff
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
W e're creatinginnovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We're also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.