Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Working with the Environmental Emergency Response (GHD FIRST) group as an Emergency Response professional based out of our Chicago, Illinois offices.This position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team:
- Perform a wide variety of field duties for both routine/scheduled and emergency environmental projects to include: inspection, maintenance, monitoring, construction oversight, air monitoring, operating UAVs, and sampling efforts at the project site
- Conduct environmental sampling and monitoring for various media and contaminants of concern by following established procedures
- Be available for after hours response to attend environmental emergencies to perform field tasks.
- Prepare technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets - Data compilation, reduction, interpretation, evaluation/comparison to environmental regulatory standards
- BS in Environmental Engineering or natural resource field (such as chemistry, biology, earth sciences, environmental sciences)
- Emergency response and environmental experience preferred
- Willingness to respond to call outs during non-routine working hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced in emergency preparedness, air monitoring, environmental assessment/sampling, ICS, SCAT is a plus
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with superiors, co-workers and clients - effective collaborators are welcome
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet project timelines
- Self-motivated and willingness to work in a team in a fast-paced environment
- Must reside near our Indiana, Illinois, or Minnesota offices surrounding area
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.