Research Technician, Cell Biology
- location:Exton, PA
- salary:$75,000 - $80,000 per year
- date posted:Thursday, July 8, 2021
- experience:3 Years
- job type:Permanent
- industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Research Technician, Cell Biology
This role has been created for an individual to work within our newly created laboratory facility.
The role will undertake applied research experimentation to evaluate products and their readiness for the packaging challenges that an exciting new field of healthcare present. Experiments will support life science projects focused on product readiness in the areas of thermodynamics, biological media, and applications, sealing and crimping, and material sciences and will help the company establish performance windows of container closure systems. The data generated will support ongoing research collaborations with established, thought-leading academic research groups in the fields of biomedicine, physical sciences, engineering, and applied technology.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Perform experiments to support research program objectives and meet deliverables.
- Accurately generate and record data, follow test methods, and help develop new test methods.
- Prepare test samples and assist other laboratory analysts as needed.
- Adhere to required internal QA procedures and cGMP/GLP regulations as needed.
- Record and report the outputs of various research projects internally through technical reports, presentations, and internal social media.
- Act as a supportive team member on various projects within the Advanced Therapies group by performing other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Solve problems creatively using personal judgement and persevere when setbacks threaten project goals.
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per company policy as they are related to the position covered by this job description.
- Bachelors in biological sciences or engineering, preferably in a biomedical engineering or equivalent multidisciplinary engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the biopharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, known to collaborate well with others and maintain research relationships.
- Dependable, detail oriented, able to multi-task to support timely research projects and multiple recurring weekly tasks.
- Exposure to a variety of lab techniques in biology and material sciences, with an emphasis on sterile technique.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft programs and familiarity with Adobe and GraphPad preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an ability to disseminate scientific research to a non-technical audience.
- Master's in biology, chemistry, biomedical, chemical engineering or equivalent scientific or engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years' professional experience or 1+ years' experience with an advanced degree.
- Scientific publication track record and/or conference proceedings in a chosen field of expertise.
- Biology research experience preferred. Exposure to a variety of lab techniques including, but not limited to, molecular biology, cell biology, protein chemistry, oncology, physiology, materials sciences testing, and sterile technique.
- Participate in designing experiments and project proposals to evaluate and test different hypotheses.
- Understanding of regulated manufacturing environments, i.e., aseptic and GMP production.
skills: Cell Biology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.