Field Biologist (Field Based)
ERM is hiring a Field Biologist to perform biological surveys, nesting bird surveys and construction monitoring near Northern California. This role is a temporary contract position. Successful candidates must be flexible and responsive to a challenging and changing work environment where schedules, site locations, and tasks fluctuate according to the needs of the project. The role of a field biologist requires technical skills, as well as, strong organizational and communication skills. Local candidates preferred.
- Perform nesting bird surveys.
- Conducting nesting bird counts.
- Perform biological surveys for CA species (including botanical)
- Biological monitoring for construction projects
- Electronic data collection.
- Handheld and sub-meter accurate GPS data collection.
- Daily reporting and survey report compilation.
- Potential to help with office/desktop work as needed
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- 3+ years of experience in field biology.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- Experience with nesting bird and raptor surveys
- Experience with biological surveys for CA species. Botany is a plus.
- Experience with construction monitoring.
- Familiarity with nesting bird survey protocols and/or general bird identification skills required.
- Ability to work safely outdoors in variable weather conditions and on challenging terrain.
- Working knowledge of sub-meter accuracy GPS technologies and map interpretation skills (e.g., NWI, USGS, aerial photography).
- Must have a strong attention to detail in documentation of work.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Desire to work in the field for extended period and maintain a positive attitude.
- Willingness and ability to travel with overnight stays possible.
- Demonstrated independent and effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- A strong commitment to safety and safety procedures.
- Possess a valid driver's licens