Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in the epigenome editing space. Tune strives to develop paradigm-changing epigenetic therapies for the treatment of rare and deadly diseases. Come join a highly skilled team with expertise focusing on basic discovery all the way to clinical implementation. We are passionate about the technology and its potential to help patients in need.
About the job:
As a Scientist at Tune Tx, you will be tasked with advancing various research and development programs from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. This role will be an active part of a team responsible for carrying out research projects contributing to development of novel gene and cell therapy products as well as the preclinical translational of such approaches in accordance with Tune Tx goals. You will be working in a fast-paced, multifunctional, and flexible team-centric environment with a high degree of independence in working towards collaborative goals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
* PhD in cell biology, immunology, bioengineering, or relevant biomedical sciences with a minimum of 3 years related academic or industry experience.
* BS in cell biology, immunology, bioengineering, or relevant biomedical sciences with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
* Experience in general molecular biology including: PCR, restriction digestion and cloning, primer design, plasmid isolation and analysis, bacterial transformation and screening, extraction of genomic DNA and RNA, and data analysis.
* Experience in recombinant vector design, engineering, titering, characterization, and validation.
* Strong experience in aseptic techniques and mammalian cell culture with significant experience with induced pluripotent stem cell biology.
* Strong experience in the in vitro differentiation of stem cells to hematopoietic lineages and the characterization and validation of these differentiated cell types in both in vitro and in vivo studies.
* Strong experience with complex multi-parameter flow cytometry and data analysis.
* Experience in CRISPR/Cas9 mediated genome editing or epigenome editing.
* Experience with Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN) - Benchling.
* Responsible for independently developing and designing preclinical experiments to assist in the in vitro characterization of Tune Tx's therapeutic products.
* Responsible for the development of novel protocols focused on the differentiation of iPSCs towards hematopoietic lineages as well as the maintenance and functional validation of these cells.
* Responsible for data analysis, presentation, and interpretation of experiments as well as proposed next steps to achieve time-sensitive company goals and milestones.
* Responsible for independently establishing, maintaining, and modeling workflows and timelines to communicate and present experimental progress and status and implications on company goals to the team.
* Oversee and verify that work is being correctly performed, analyzed, recorded, and reported by research associates in the team.
* Ensure that shared resources are utilized appropriately between teams and coordinate experiments with colleagues to achieve Tune Tx milestones and goals.
* Participate in the development of novel IP generation and support company events (speaking, presenting, meetings, trainings, etc.).
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.