Under the direction of more experienced team members, responsible for forestry-related activities, specifically patrolling lines and directing and inspecting the work of contract crews to meet transmission line safety, reliability and compliance requirements in the assigned Forestry area within the transmission system.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Conducts field observations of tree trimming and landscape maintenance contractors to ensure that adequate clearance between trees, brush and electrical conductors is maintained.
- Provides the Forestry Coordinator with feedback on vegetation conditions and crew productivity. Learns to examine plans and specifications to determine work procedures and costs.
- Learns to monitor and evaluate operational costs and performance of tree trimming and landscape maintenance contractors.
- May review and approve contractor labor worksheets and invoices.
- Acts as first contact for property owner complaints, and may resolve basic issues.
- Once certified, monitors placement of erosion control devices.
- Receives regular training and guidance from supervision and from more experienced team members.
The Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required for this position:
- 0-2 years directly related experience.
- Knowledge of arboriculture, urban horticulture, forest management, dendrology, landscape maintenance principles, tree trimming techniques and herbicide applications.
- Basic knowledge of electric principles and transmission circuitry.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and contract administration.
- Skills: Good written and oral communications, customer service, organizational and project management.
- Abilities: Problem-solving and decision-making, setting priorities, working independently.
- Physical attributes required to perform essential functions of job: Walking, climbing, stooping, bending, and hearing.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Disciplines: Preferred: Forestry , Other Education: ForestryLicenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Within two years of starting in this role, must obtain an Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arboriculture, an Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector Certification from the Department of Environmental Quality, and Commercial Applicator (Pesticide) Certification from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.Working Conditions
Travel Up to 25%Outdoors 76-100%Other Working ConditionsTest Description
No Testing RequiredExport Control
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.