Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, our group tackles unprecedented challenges to help federal agencies benefit our environment and health. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are hiring an Environmental Science Project Manager to join our team in Summer or Fall 2021. Due to COVID 19, this position will be remote until our offices fully reopen (anticipated for late 2021/early 2022). The position will then be located in either Fairfax, VA or Durham, NC with the potential for continued flexibility with a hybrid schedule (dividing time between an ICF office and remote work).
As an Environmental Science Project Manager, you will:
- Serve as a task and/or project lead for water-related environmental science projects for our Federal clients. In this capacity, you will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact with our clients.
- Work with ICF technical leads to develop project approaches in the areas of toxicology, epidemiology, risk assessment, statistics, exposure assessment, systematic review, or other environmental science topic areas.
- Coordinate project support within ICF, including monitoring budgets and maintaining deliverable schedules.
- Innovate to improve process and service delivery efficiencies and quality.
- Mentor staff in project management.
As an Environmental Science Project Manager, you will have:
- Strong aptitude for critical thinking, team communication, problem-solving, quality assurance, and detail-oriented tasks.
- The ability to lead tasks, manage budgets, delegate work, and produce high quality products.
- The ability to interact with and present project updates to clients and develop quality professional relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.??
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in groups, individually, and virtually under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.??
- Master's degree in environmental science, public health, epidemiology, toxicology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing projects and working in a team environment. Consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Please note: This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\files/employers/poster\screen\reader\optimized.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\English\unformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Fairfax, VA (VA01)Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.