Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.How will you make an impact?
Cell Biology group is committed to delivering products that serve the research needs of our customers, while striving to develop them in a way that minimizes our use of natural resources and our impact on the environment. In this role you will work within an interdisciplinary team to develop custom transfection reagents product line. The selected candidate will also work with extended R&D teams, providing support for other projects as needed.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Work in the laboratory on maintaining mammalian cell lines for transfection studies.
- Perform transfection of DNA, siRNA, mRNA and evaluate protein expression using various cell types during product development.
- Transfer newly developed products from R&D to manufacturing.
- Write scientific reports, present data, and interact with scientists from other R&D groups.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Improve existing products and related processes and technologies.
MS in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field with 2-3 years of laboratory experience.Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical and theoretical background in molecular and cell biology is critical.
- Must have hands on experience with standard biotechnology lab and work practices as well as possessing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with mammalian cells on transfection and analysis of results using common techniques.
- Experience optimizing processes using statistical methods such as DOE.
- Experience in cell culture, product development, and customer support is desirable.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to work well within a team, while executing independently, as well as show initiative in experimental planning and addressing issues proactively.
- Knowledge of transfection and delivery systems principles.
- Attention to details and organization in all aspects of work.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, procedures and approaches.
- Ability to effectively document procedures, processes, and results.
- Must be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Able to recognize potential problems that require solutions to be found at a higher level.
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel. Statistics: JMP desirable.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job number: 146685BR
Date posted : 2021-02-19
Employment type: Full-Time