Environmental AnalystLocation: San Antonio, TX 78224Assignment type: 1-year contractPay rate: $20/hr
Provides environmental services and solutions such as regulatory analysis, permitting, reporting and strategic planning by promoting sound stewardship and sustainable practices throughout the company. Applies theory and principles of environmental engineering used in prevention, control and remediation of environmental pollution, including waste treatment and site remediation, emission calculations and release estimates.Responsibilities:
- Analyzes federal, state and local environmental regulations that impact in its planning and/or operations and develops options for compliance with impacted work areas.
- Identifies appropriate measures to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Obtains licensing and/or permitting for bother existing and proposed facilities.
- Develops and manages environmental contracts for Department and user areas.
- Represents by responding to regulatory agencies such as the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as responding to inquiries from media and public representatives.
- Prepares, certifies and submits regulatory reports to various Federal and State agencies as required.
- Facilitates/coordinates meetings involving contractors, user areas and management.
- Participates in community activities and trade show events promoting positive customer relations.
- Testifies in public hearings and/or court proceeding cases as an expert witness on environmental issues.
- Manages environmental and/or sustainability project, and/or programs.
- Coordinates job assignments and responsibilities, with team members, crews and contractors.
- Provides input in developing environmental awareness conservation and sustainable strategies.
- Maintains current professional, technical and regulatory knowledge through attendance at seminars and workshops and through the reading of industry publications/journals.
- Conducts environmental field investigations, inspections on construction sites and properties.
- Core responsibilities focus on operational/tactical aspects of the organization and some administrative focus.
- Uses established procedures, sets priorities and organizes work.
- Makes some recommendations and decisions that will have minor impact on business.
- Must be aware of area budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Important to this position are: critical thinking, speaking & presenting, technical writing, active listening & learning, coordination, complex problem solving, quality judgment and decision making
- Bachelor of science degree in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physical Science, Environmental Science or related field from an accredited university.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of environmental rules and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
- Basic experience in related environmental field.
- Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management or related field.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions, prioritize, and complete work projects/assignments on schedule and to achieve Department's goals/objectives with limited supervision
- Ability to deal diplomatically with customers, employees, and all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to handle multiple and/or fluctuating priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Initiative to work independently or as a member of a team, coordinating with others to achieve desired results