Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist
ERM is hiring an Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist in Bothell, WA. In this critical role, you will be responsible for establishing, implementing, managing and continuously improving the environment, health and safety programs for the facility. The EHS Specialist will have broad knowledge of EHS compliance programs and, where required, EHS specialty areas including biosafety. The ideal candidate can work successfully with laboratories and manufacturing. They will also serve as an expert regarding general safety, chemical hygiene, biosafety and environmental management to ensure best practices and compliance with all relevant state and federal regulations. This is a fixed-term consulting role with a duration of 6 months and possibility of renewal.
- Provide technical and regulatory EHS guidance for programs including hazard communication, biosafety, injury and illness prevention, chemical hygiene, industrial hygiene, lab safety, emergency preparedness, facilities/contractor safety, universal waste, biohazardous and hazardous waste, wastewater management, air emissions, and pollution prevention.
- Manage industrial hygiene programs to ensure risks of exposure to hazardous chemicals and biohazardous materials are quantified and controlled.
- Manage incident reporting and investigation program by reviewing and tracking investigations of injuries, illnesses, environmental releases, non-injury accidents and near-misses and monitoring and analyzing EHS performance and initiate action to support or correct trends.
- Lead investigations into serious incidents to identify and resolve root causes.
- Assist with the integration of corporate EHS Management Directives
- Perform gap assessments of the local programs, policies, and procedures to Corporate standards and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain site EHS policies, objectives, key performance indicators and targets that reflect local needs and alignment with the Client's long term EHS strategy.
- Assist with implementation of local EHS SOPs that conform with the Client's corporate EHS Management Directives.
- Carry out regular workplace inspections to monitor compliance with site rules, procedures, etc. Develop and manage an internal audit program to assess compliance with legal and company requirements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Act as Safety representative during daily staff meetings.
- Coordinate the completion of job safety analyses and risk assessments.
- Deliver EHS training to personnel including new hire employee orientation, chemical safety, and refresher trainings
- Champion a strong and positive safety culture across the site and maximize personnel involvement in EHS-related activities.
- Bachelor's degree in safety, occupational health, science, engineering, or related degree.
- 5+ years of relevant consulting experience in working with significant industrial clients on regulatory compliance and sustainable H&S compliance programs.
- EHS knowledge within the biotech industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed regulatory interpretation of federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Experience with a highly dynamic work environment
- Experience with environmental compliance preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license