Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century - building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what's Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America's top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report . Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as "the most ambitious campus design program in the country.Job Overview
The Wu lab at the Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering at the University of Cincinnati is seeking a well-qualified Postdoctoral Researcher to support a DOE-sponsored research project focused in the areas of electrocatalysis, electrochemical reaction engineering and process, and electrochemical system design. The successful candidate will possess excellent experimental and analytical skills as well as strong oral and written communication abilities. Additionally, the successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with team members of diverse research backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. The anticipated start date is October 1st, 2021, for an initial period of one year. This position may be extended dependent upon candidate performance and continued research funding.Essential Functions
- Design and execute experiments related to the CO2 electrolyzer
- Write technical reports and scientific papers for peer-reviewed journals
- Assist in writing grant proposals to achieve funding goals for future research
- Train new graduate students on experimental methods
- Supports project management and collaboration across institutions or disciplines
- Develop standard operating procedures and safety protocols for laboratory
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline.Additional Qualifications Considered
Preference may be given to candidates with 3 or more years of research experience and independent development of innovative ideas related to electrocatalysis of C1 molecules and fuel cells.Application Process
- A complete application consists of the online application, cover letter, and resume. Three professional references can be provided later per requested.
- Candidates will be evaluated on (i) the candidate's research experience, as evidenced by a resume and cover letter, (ii) prior research publications and/or patent applications, (iii) references.
- Application Review will begin immediately and will be ongoing until a pool of qualified applicants have been identified. To ensure priority consideration, apply as soon as possible.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN