Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Cold to Hot IO Biology Research in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.Associate Director, Cold to Hot IO Biology Research Accountabilities
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- This role requires a strong scientific background in the field of immuno-oncology (I/O) and in early phase drug discovery as a project team leader (PTL) capable of leading and providing oversight to PTL's or key project team contributors.
- The candidate enjoys working collaboratively and provides scientific leadership to internal teams and joint research efforts being pursued with our strategic partners including Turnstone Biologics, KSQ, Egle, Teva and more.
- Represent project teams and/or cold-to-hot portfolio to internal leadership and external partners. Lead productive discussions on key scientific and strategic issues with internal and external colleagues at all levels and across disciplines.
- Uses enterprise mindset with a broad view across the portfolio that informs resourcing and prioritization of programs under direct remit
- Serve as a scientific connector who prioritizes rigorous science and development of organizational culture and capabilities
- Contributes to continual deepening of domain expertise through external network development; evaluates new opportunities in partnership with business development
- Develops the next-generation of organizational and project leaders, acts as a champion for new opportunities
- Outstanding expertise and depth of knowledge advancing IO therapeutics from discovery through preclinical proof of concept in support of clinical testing.
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive landscape, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership)
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Scientific leadership role, setting high standards for effectiveness of execution, and rigor of thought
- Has significant managerial responsibility within the cold-to-hot team
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- Initiates and leads external interactions and collaborations
- Frequent contact with internal and external personnel at various management levels
- Celebrates a culture of transparency and accountability with team members at all levels.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Determines methods on new assignments; makes strategic recommendations on projects
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years experience, with a minimum of 10 years of drug discovery, including demonstrated leadership of biology and project teams in the biotechnology industry.
- A track record of driving projects to IND is strongly preferred.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants
Boston, MAWorker Type