At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
The Discovery Chemistry & Technologies organization within Lilly Research Laboratories is a diverse and dynamic group seeking a highly skilled scientist to join the structural biology team. We support drug discovery for numerous innovative projects and are looking for someone to inspire change in the drug hunting process. The primary focus will be to lead in the development and deployment of methodologies to accelerate structure based drug design. Broad experience with proteins, along with a proven track record of structural determination is required. We are a diverse team of scientists and strive for excellence and innovative solutions to find therapies for our patients. Join our team today and make an impact!
Do you have experience leading and collaborating in a team environment? Consider joining Lilly today help to make a difference in our purpose and communities we serve!
Responsibilities for the position
* Provide structure-based drug design leadership and support by multiple methods for a broad range of targets across different therapeutic areas
* Determine structures and co-structures of novel protein targets and analyze pertinent data for the rational design of both small-molecule and antibody therapeutics
* Partner closely with other structural biologists, biophysicists, protein biochemists and medicinal chemists to develop integrative approaches and address specific project needs and challenges
* Collaborate on multidisciplinary teams designing novel therapeutics, presenting scientific data in support of drug discovery projects
Ph.D. in Structural Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Chemistry or other relevant field with 5+ years of experience in the field of structural biology and structure-based drug design is required
* Experience in both X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM is advantageous
* Prior industry experience and a strong publication record is highly preferred
* Flexibility to work in an environment with constantly evolving priorities and completion timelines, with strong interpersonal, written & verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
* Strong capability to collaborate with scientists in multiple fields and to mentor staff scientists in drug discovery; experience leading teams focusing on structural biology efforts
* Familiarity with other biophysical methods (E.g., MS, bioNMR, SPR, BLI, etc.) would be helpful
* Experience in scientific programming (Python, C, C++) and an interest in protein dynamics is a plus
* This position can be located in Indianapolis, IN or San Diego, CA
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.