Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
Takeda is seeking an organizational leader who is looking to flex your industry experience advancing novel therapies into the clinic.
About you: Someone who is excited to work with a biotech mindset within the walls of large pharma through internal and external collaborations.
Someone who has accountability for the performance and results of a significant research function or activity ACCOUNTABILITIES
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- This role requires a strong scientific background in the field of immune-oncology (I/O) and is able to advise and drive nonclinical direction of research and support development of clinical stage assets.
- The candidate enjoys working collaboratively and provides scientific leadership to internal teams and joint research efforts being pursued with our strategic partners including Turnstone Biologics, KSQ, Egle, Teva and more.
- Proposes and implements strategies for compound development, finds and uses key opinion leaders, clinical investigators and SAB members to further development goals; makes significant "outward facing" scientific contributions on behalf of the Cold-to-Hot Pillar and IO DDU.
- Plans and executes specialized studies at selected CROs as needed to explain data from nonclinical studies
- Responsible for the efficient management of resourcing and budget planning for his/her area of focus
- Uses enterprise mindset with a broad view across the portfolio that informs resourcing and prioritization of programs under direct remit
- Serve as a scientific connector who prioritizes rigorous science and development of organizational culture and capabilities
- Recognized internally and externally as a scientific leader and expert
- Outstanding expertise and depth of knowledge advancing IO therapeutics from discovery through preclinical proof of concept in support of clinical testing.
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive landscape, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership)
- Has strategic and tactical responsibility for formulating broad, long-ranging goals in support of their functional area/scientific specialty at department level
- May function as project team leader, or provide oversight to PTL's or key project team contributors
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
- Initiates and leads external interactions and collaborations
- Frequent contact with internal and external personnel at various management levels
- Celebrates a culture of transparency and accountability with team members at all levels.
- Determines methods on new assignments; makes strategic recommendations on projects
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years experience, , with a minimum of 10 years of drug discovery, including demonstrated leadership of biology and project teams in the biotechnology industry.
- A track record of driving projects to IND is strongly preferred.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Boston, MAWorker Type