Our Health Science Practice is seeking to hire an Environmental Health Sciences Intern to join our team in Summer 2021. This internship will be conducted either remotely or eventually in our Fairfax, VA, or Durham, NC offices.
This group of 75+ science professionals provide toxicology, epidemiology, chemistry, hazard assessment, risk assessment, exposure assessment, environmental modeling, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals and microbes. Our clients include the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), and other public and private clients.
As a Health Sciences Intern, you will:
- Work on a diverse team that specializes in identifying and quantifying the effects of environmental pollutants, such as metals, pesticides, and volatile organic compounds, on human health and the environment.
- Research a broad variety of scientific topics and synthesize findings.
- Review scientific and peer-reviewed literature to research a broad variety of scientific topics in environmental risk assessment, synthesize findings,?and communicate them through various formats and media (e.g., written reports, online websites, visualizations).
- Conduct study data extraction using electronic systematic review procedures and tools.
- Manage references and citations for technical reports.
- Follow and implement standardized QA/QC procedures on documents and reports.
- Analyze data using Excel, Access, and other software.
This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
As a Health Sciences Intern, you will have:
- Exceptional research and scientific writing skills, including editing, using reference management software (e.g., EndNote), and proofreading skills.?
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, visualization skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
- Written and oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations and ability to effectively present information.
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Working towards a PhD in public health, epidemiology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, geology, environmental science, environmental engineering, or related subject.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\files/employers/poster\screen\reader\optimized.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\English\unformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.