- Handling request from chemistry- simple protocol
o Execute generation of proteins
o Chemistry will ask for protein X with
? Calculate appropriate
concentration and purify the protein
We are looking for a temporary Research Associate to help the Structural Biology (X-Ray Crystallography) team support multiple oncology therapeutic programs through generation of protein crystal structures. The role involves protein expression and purification, identification and optimization of crystallization conditions, and routine production and harvest of co-crystals of protein and small molecules. The successful candidate will have the following skills:
• Knowledge of cloning, transformation, expression and purification of proteins in E. coli.
• Familiarity with protein handling, characterization and storage (e.g. SEC, affinity chromatography, gels, nanodrop etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to follow written protocols and document research progress.
• Experience with growing and harvesting protein crystals highly desirable.
protein purification, Protein expression, protein characterization, FPLC, AKTA, e coli, HPLC
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.