Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Assist the Business Unit Manager in managing daily operations of the microbiology department including scheduling, supervising, instructing, monitoring, and assisting in the performance of manual and instrumental analyses.
- Use appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed the standards set by government regulations, and company requirements, when performing assigned tasks.
- Promote the company image through the exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and Test Methods.
- Troubleshoot equipment/instruments utilized and performs minor repairs. Coordinate major instrument repairs with repair person(s). Establish and implement procedures to ensure that assigned equipment is properly cleaned, calibrated/standardized, and adequate for the testing performed and is maintained in good working order. This includes maintaining equipment operating instructions, manuals, and required logbooks. Ensures all regulatory procedures pertaining to sample testing are followed correctly, if they are in normal course of work.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keeps accurate records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control results.
- Assist laboratory staff in making sure that analytical work done under ISO meets requirements.
- Review and evaluate test data generated within assigned area of responsibility for technical accuracy, as well as SOP and test method compliance. Perform and provide basic evaluation of statistical tests to determine the quality accuracy of data and report values.
- Investigate to determine the cause of non-conformances that are identified, determine and implement corrective action; and follow-up to ensure that the corrective action resolved the problem.
- Create and review reports.
- Review applications, conduct interviews, and make hiring decisions for the position reporting to this position.
- Train and document the training of assigned technical staff on test methods, formal SOPs, regulations, ISO requirements, and laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of responsibility.
- Review annually the performance of personnel that report directly to this position.
- Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested by the Business Unit Manager.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and coworkers; assures that clients are kept informed and their needs are met.
- Adhere to all pertinent company health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assist with office duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in related field
- Experience in laboratory procedures, data analysis, computer operations, mathematics, and technical/business writing.
- Experience with PCR, ELISA, and cultural confirmation of known foodborne pathogens including Salmonella, Listeria, and E coli O157H7.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in related field.
Must be able to organize and lead laboratory personnel in a manner that reflects corporate goals and objectives and schedule workflow so as to optimize laboratory productivity and client satisfaction in a cost effective manner.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.