We are currently seeking a Principal Economist who can provide technical and strategic leadership on client projects and in business development for new economics initiatives in our growing Natural Resource and Environmental Economics practice.
As a Principal Economist, your job functions will include, but not be limited to:
* Providing technical leadership on client projects and thought leadership on application of economics to natural resource and environmental problems
* Leading the expansion of work with existing clients and developing new clients
* Leading and holding responsibility for delivering high-quality service on client projects
* Effectively communicating economic analysis methods and results to varied audiences (e.g. clients, Trustees, regulators, and stakeholders)
* Mentoring staff and supporting their professional development
* Providing litigation support
The ideal candidate will have:
* Ph.D. in economics or analogous degree
* A minimum of 15 years of professional experience and 10+ years of consulting experience
* Demonstrated ability to successfully lead diverse project teams and manage large complex projects
* Demonstrated ability to apply economic analysis to a wide variety of environmental and natural resource management issues
* Experience with benefit cost analysis, ecosystem service valuation, natural resource damage assessment (NRDA), and economic impact assessment
* Extensive experience in NRDA for contaminated sites and/or oil spills
* Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams, and successfully interact with clients, counsel, and stakeholders
* Training and experience in some field of environmental science (e.g. biology, ecology, toxicology)
* Demonstrated ability to develop new client work and expand opportunities with existing clients
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* A desire to mentor staff
* A desire to grow intellectually and professionally
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Integral Consulting Inc. provides an exceptional benefits package with company-subsidized insurance, and an exciting work environment with opportunities for significant professional growth. Benefits include partially subsidized medical, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) with a company match of up to 4% of annual compensation, company-paid life and short- and long-term disability, and paid time off.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. Integral Consulting Inc. provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion; gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions); national origin; age; sexual orientation; disability; marital status; military, veteran, or Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act protected veteran status; gender identity or gender expression; or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. The "EEO is the Law" poster can be viewed HERE.
All employees are required to receive a COVID-19 vaccination authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). If extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide valid proof of your COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of employment. For any employee who chooses not to receive a vaccination due to a medical reason or based on religious beliefs, Integral may offer reasonable accommodation. Each request for exemption, regardless of the reason, will be evaluated individually by Human Resources in accordance with the Company's equal employment opportunities policies and applicable law. A copy of Integral's COVID-19 vaccination policy will be provided to qualified candidates who are invited to interview with us.
All offers of employment are contingent on candidates passing a background screening that includes employment history, criminal background, Federal Watch List, a drug and alcohol screening, and, if applicable, a degree verification. Candidates will receive a written notice of this requirement. All screenings will be done in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.