Ormco, headquartered in Brea, CA, is a global leader and innovator of orthodontic products and solutions designed to enhance the lives of our customers and their patients. For nearly 60 years, Ormco has partnered with the global orthodontic community to help create over 20 million smiles in over 130 countries. Our distinguished products range from twin brackets (Symetri™ Clear, Titanium Orthos™ and Mini Diamond™) to pioneering the self-ligating appliances with the Damon™ System (including Damon™ Q2 and Damon™ Clear 2). Our latest Spark™ Clear Aligner System is designed to meet the needs of the orthodontist with the TruGEN™ material and 3D Approver software, making a more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing aligner experience for patients. From personalized service to professional education programs and marketing support, Ormco is committed to helping orthodontists achieve their clinical and practice management objectives. For more information about Ormco, visit www.ormco.com
Develops, implements and evaluates safety policies and procedures and may be involved in the compliance and ensurance of product EHS. Provides leadership and technical expertise in the development of strategies, programs and training to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company standards, improve safety and reduce/eliminate EHS related business risks. Interfaces with external EHS agencies. Partners with business/functional/EBS leaders on the development and implementation of action plans that drive closure of open issues and improvements resulting in improved safety performance and environmental controls. Occupational Health roles that are internally-oriented medical professionals that provide for and deliver health and safety programs and services to workers, worker populations, and community groups should be assigned to this job family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage compliance with local, state & federal environmental, health and safety regulatory standards
* Develop, maintain and train on a variety of Cal-OSHA and EPA standards including but not limited to IIPP, Hazard Communications, Machine Guarding, LOTO, Confined Space Entry, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomics, Forklift Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Hot Work, Construction Safety, PPE, Respiratory Protection, Stormwater and others
* Assist in developing and conducting EHS trainings and maintaining records
* Develop recordkeeping processes that meet regulatory requirements for OSHA, Air District, Water Quality Control Boards, HMBP, injury illness and others
* Deploy and introduce processes and methods to evaluate and control employee exposure risk. This includes developing written programs, selecting required equipment and creating and delivering employee training
* Develop and maintain environmental, health and safety performance metrics
* Identify and provide solutions to resolve regulatory concerns and to drive program improvements and best in class performance
* Partner with the Facilities team to ensure routine inspections programs are in place to include fire protection elements, emergency equipment
* Conduct job hazard analysis, ergonomic reviews, risk assessments to identify and minimize risks
* Leverage EBS tools (lean) and KPIs to improve EHS performance
* Interface with government regulatory agencies
* Maintain regulatory databases, regulatory reports and company contact information current
* Manage Workers Compensation claims and return to work programs
* May be assigned special projects as needed
Education and/or Experience:
* B.S. in Occupational Health, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline or other scientific field.
* A minimum of 5 years of EHS experience working in a manufacturing or operations environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of AutoCAD, Visual Basic, etc. is considered a plus.
* Ability to utilize approaches that require innovation and change.
* Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time.
* CSP, CHMM certification an asset
Envista and all Envista Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.