Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression
Conservation AdvisorAbout Truterra:
Truterra is the sustainability and innovation business of Land O'Lakes, Inc. As the only farmer-owned, farmer-driven food and ag sustainability program in the U.S., Truterra believes farmers have the greatest potential to protect and restore the environment. As a member of the Truterra team, you will be helping bring agronomic insights and industry connections to farmers, so they can protect and restore their land, and unlock its deeper value. Who are we looking for?
As a rapidly growing business, Truterra is seeking individuals that are genuine, supportive team-players, hungry to collaborate cross-functionally to build better solutions to hard problems and have a meaningful impact in agriculture. The most successful candidates must be comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrate an owner's mindset by being action-oriented, staying solution-focused, adapting to evolving strategies, and repeatedly going the extra mile. Truterra Conservation Advisor Description: The Truterra Conservation Advisor
will be part of the Stewardship Impact team, support the Truterra business growth strategy with its internal and external stakeholders, and serve as an expert on conservation practice benefits and implementation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Industry liaison: maintaining active involvement with conservation organizations and associations (NRCS, NACD/SWCD, Soil Health Institute, Pheasants Forever, etc.) to identify growth opportunities for Truterra and its network and develop projects and programs that advance stewardship on croplands
- Ag retailer outreach: providing leadership to the Conservation Agronomist and ag retailer agronomy teams, education on conservation practice benefits and implementation, review the Truterra Insights Engine data to develop insights on meaningful opportunities to improve conservation adoption. Serve as a resident expert on cover crops and soil health practices.
Required Experience & Education:
- Grower innovation trials: designing trials to meet the project objectives, advise retailers and growers on trial protocols, serve as a central point of contract during the implementation phase, review the resulting data to develop stewardship insights and incorporate them into case studies
- Winfield United agronomy team liaison: improving awareness and adoption of conservation topics in the Winfield United agronomy go-to-market strategy and messaging (including content for Answer Plots). Serving as an internal conservation expert advisor for the Winfield United agronomy and marketing teams
- Business development: supporting the Truterra growth strategy and develop project proposals to access public-private funding for the implementation of conservation practices (e.g. Regional Conservation Partnership Programs, etc.)
- Product development support: enhancing the Truterra Insights Engine output from the conservation insights viewpoint, collaborate with the Member Engagement and Digital teams.
- Supporting the Dairy module development
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Soil Science, Agronomy, Natural Resource Management, or related discipline
- 10 or more years of experience in conservation and natural resource management
- 5 or more years of experience in project development and management
- Previous consulting/business advisor experience preferred
- Deep understanding of agronomic and environmental models
- First-hand knowledge of NRCS and SWCD conservation funding programs
- Technical expertise in irrigation
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel 25%
- Self-starting, goal directed with proven ability to achieve results through self and others
- Demonstrated project planning and management acumen
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Ability to understand, translate and align internal and customer business dynamics and strategies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and process data and develop recommendations and action plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree
- PowerBI knowledge
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.