Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, our ambition is to make products without taking from the Earth. Getting there requires focus and innovation in three key areas: climate change, resources and smarter chemistry. We believe that our products should be safe for anyone who assembles, uses, or recycles them. Our mission is to ensure our customers are safe. As our Environmental Technologies' Engineering Project Manager for Smarter Chemistry, you will help drive the adoption of innovative solutions through product design and engineering directed at creating world-class products using materials that protect human and environmental health. You will achieve these ends in close collaboration with internal business groups (engineering, operations, EH&S, and procurement). Furthermore, you will collaborate with experts in toxicology, biocompatibility, restricted substances, and environmental product design leads to drive execution of Apple smarter chemistry and biocompatibility policies. Central to your role will be representing our team in cross-functional settings and communicating with senior management while driving product design and influencing policies.Key Qualifications
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong leadership, communications and relationship-building skills. High capacity
- to relate to others and influence decisions.
- Strong track record of execution and managing complex projects with multiple dependencies and complex designs while exercising meticulousness and critical- thinking skills.
- Manages timelines and drives deliverables in a fast-paced and schedule-driven environment, with ability to distill large datasets into conclusions under tight time constraints. Thrives under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience in Consumer Electronics product development, ideally with experience in the human and environmental health impacts of chemicals and green chemistry.
- Extensive experience engaging cross-functional teams to ensure compliance for consumer electronics products.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment and passion for the convergence of innovative product design, and human/environmental health.
- High comfort levels with diving into technical details with toxicologists and engineers, and distilling this information into crisp messages for senior leaders.
- Demonstrated mastery of core project/program management skills and methods not limited to driving actions, priorities, closing on deliverables, and managing complex schedules.
- This engineering project manager (EPM) will be a builder of strong relationships across the organization to help drive our mission of ensuring Apple's products are designed with safe manufacturing, assembly, use, and recycling in mind. - This EPM will be instrumental to driving the execution of phase-out programs by partnering with engineers and suppliers alike to track the use of materials, identify safer alternatives, and enable seamless substitutions. - This EPM will also be at the heart of Apple's restricted substances and biocompatibility programs that maximize the value from team expertise and passion, workflow processes and systems, internal and supplier engagement in the pursuit of operational excellence. Manage the adoption and execution of smarter chemistry / restricted substance / biocompatibility policies with Environmental Technologies and cross functional partners. - Lead coordination and engagement on key programs, including working with Environmental Technologies and cross-functional teams to set objectives, schedules and drive and track deliverables. - Represent the team in executive forums with clear, actionable communications.Education & Experience
- Bachelors / Masters in engineering, chemistry, materials science, or related field - Relevant experience in lieu of academic credentials will be considered as appropriateAdditional Requirements