Advisor, Environmental - (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the Director, Environmental Operations, Nitrogen, Phosphate, and Retail. What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Provide environmental subject matter expertise to Nutrien's Nitrogen, Phosphate, and Retail Business Units, including: management of RCRA compliance, hazardous waste management, RCRA training development, internal audit, drafting reports, interacting with regulators, internal and external stakeholders, incident response and investigations, and environmental project management
- Aid in the development of the Environmental strategy as well as a variety of internal policies and environmental projects
- Effectively manage environmental projects, consultants, and contractors
- Perform internal environmental audits
- Develop and steward Environmental data and metrics to measure footprint and drive performance
- Partner with business unit operations to identify and share best practices pertaining to waste and incident response and investigations
- Work through industry groups to identify best practices and introduce them into Nutrien's systems
- Assist in the development of corporate environmental partnerships and strategies with a variety of stakeholders
- Identify strategies and develop systems for implementing applicable emerging environmental issues
- Other projects as determined by the Director of Environmental Management, Nitrogen, Phosphate, and Retail
- Collaborate and meet with environmental regulators, local government agencies, and other stakeholders regularly
- Travel of approximately 30-50% travel may be required to the Company's domestic and international locations
Compensation & Benefits:
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science/Studies (or related field)
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills which are essential for interacting with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and analytical thinking and implementation of collaborative projects
- Ability to work independently or lead small teams to meet critical deadlines
- Capable, highly reliable self-starter and proactive problem solver
- Highly proficient in computing skills
- Experience with web-based data collection systems
- Ability to work as an effective and contributing member of a team or independently as the need arises
- Ability to lead and influence others without positional authority
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work safely while following applicable safety regulations and procedures
Salary Range $65,000 - $92,500
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions. Our benefit package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
In addition to base pay, this role is also eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan, consistent with the terms of our plan(s), which provide discretionary award opportunities reflecting components such as performance of the company and the employee. Details will be discussed through the application process.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Nutrien also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions. Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran