Kelly Scientific is hiring a Microbiologist (QC) in High Point, NC! 4 days on x 3 days off (Thurs-Sun) rotation.
- *?* Title: Microbiologist (QC)
- Location: High Pont, NC
- Duration: 6 month contract
- This position is for Thursday - Sunday (4 days 10-hours shift).
- Rate: $24/hr
The QC Microbiologist I is responsible for the complete testing and results documentation of any of the following: Raw Materials, In-Process, Finished Product, Stability, Technical Service samples or projects within the QC Microbiology Laboratory, in a manner consistent with established standards.
ESSE NTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
U_ _p to 80% Testing/Documentation:
- Perform microbiological testing including identification of micro-organisms, water activity, bioburden, and growth promotion testing.
- Ensure all microbiological procedures reflect current practice and complies with current USP/EP requirements.
- Perform the routine Environmental Monitoring program on site.
- Collect plant purified water and perform nitrate, chlorine, pH, TOC, and conductivity, and microbial testing.
- Prepare media, and/or use the commercially prepare media for microbial testing , and autoclave for waste disposal.
- Perform any microbial alert/action required from routine EM, water, microbial testing, etc.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by employing Practical Process Improvement concepts, reporting metrics, and communicating internally to diverse audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
U_ _p to 10% Standardizations/ Preparatory Set Up:
- Perform daily verifications of instruments such as balances, pH meters, and pipettor.
- Prepare media, and other microbiological solutions, use the Autoclave for waste disposal.
- Order and receive lab supplies and maintain inventory of lab supplies.
U_ _p to 5% Housekeeping:
- Clean and organize all laboratory areas including bench, sinks, drawers, cabinets, solvent cabinets, fume hoods, refrigerators, freezers, desiccators, and storage areas.
U_ _p to 5% Training and Development
- Participate in ongoing training for the development of skills and responsibility with an emphasis on technology.
- Assist training of other analysts in areas of expertise.
EDUCAT IO N AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field. Microbiology degree strongly preferred with 0-5 years of related experience preferably in a Quality Control Laboratory in a GMP facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate a high level of commitment to delivering timelines and milestones to achieve business objective.
- Ability to apply GMP regulations and international guidelines to all aspects of the position.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Position requires knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and FDA/industry regulations.
Why Kelly ®* *?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly *®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)