NHP Logistics Manager
Req ID #: 123831
US Frederick, MD, US, 21701 Houston, TX, US, 77047 Labelle, FL, US, 33935
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Manages all NHP procurement activities, including import and delivery, for the assigned NHP Quarantine Services site(s). Work with Site Leaders, Vet Services and Logistics Coordinator to organize and arrange shipment of non-human primates, assist NHP Logistics with troubleshooting issues with regulatory documentation and direct client interface. Manages fulfillment process, from contract execution through completion of invoicing for Client Colonies. Performs customer service activities, ensuring domestic and international order coordination and processing.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Experience: Ten or more years' experience in the NHP industry with a minimum of one year in procurement and import/export processes. Experience interacting with regulatory agencies (i.e.: CDC, USDA, and USFWS). Experience with working with an animal data base. Five years direct customer interface experience required. Experience working or supporting lab animal husbandry operations preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other: Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, high sense of urgency and prioritization. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel. Experience with Smartsheet is a plus. Knowledge of procedures, guidelines, and regulations governing import/domestic as mandated by applicable regulatory agencies (i.e.: CDC, USDA, FDA, EPA, and US Fish & Wildlife). Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software. Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively in a global environment. Negotiation and strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Certification/License : AALAS certification is a plus.
- Remote role may be located anywhere in the continental US; preferably in Eastern or Central Time zone.
- May require domestic travel occasionally.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.