Frontier Scientific is seeking a qualified candidate for a position working in a Genetic and Molecular Toxicology group. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join a highly motivated Research and Development Team. This is a laboratory-based position.Responsibilities/Duties:
- Perform in vitro molecular biology assays in mammalian cells.
- Perform microsome isolation, protein quantity analysis, enzyme activity evaluation from in vitro tissues
- Assist with research project design, method development and data interpretation.
- Perform multi-well plate-based in vitro assays
- Prepare buffers and dose solutions
- Write and maintain technical documents including lab standard operating procedures and study protocols
- Schedule maintenance for lab equipment, order lab supplies and conduct routine safety inspections
Desired experiences in:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or related science field
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a laboratory environment preferred.
- Experience with routine laboratory instrumentation including spectrophotometers, UV/fluorescence plate readers and PCR
- Experience with handling ultra-centrifuges and ELISA is preferred.
- Experience with microscopic analysis of common cell types for cytogenetic endpoints such as viability and general morphology.
- Experience working with chemicals in a laboratory setting.
- Experience working with Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) materials
- Computer software skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, scientific graphing software and statistical programs
- Formal training to work with cell culture (aseptic technique)
Company DescriptionSince 1988, Frontier Scientific, Inc. has functioned as a specialty CRO, working to enable dramatic cost reductions via outsourced sample management, reformatting, sample procurement, liquid handling, and compound library management. The Delaware location is also an Alliance Partner with corporations that specialize in agricultural research and products, as well as various other science-related business units. Frontier Scientific, Inc. also supplies Lepidopteran species for agricultural research, as well as other entomological products and services.