We recognize this is a difficult time for many. At Edison, we are doing our part to provide support in these challenging times to safeguard our employees, communities, customers and candidates. Due to evolving changes related to the COVID-19 situation, we're exploring alternative ways to safely continue the recruitment and hiring process. As a result, you may be asked to leverage digital tools such as video interviewing and/or other formats. Should you advance through the recruitment and hiring process, instructions will be provided by our Human Resources team. We appreciate your patience and continued interest in careers with Edison.
Environmental Incident Cause Evaluation Sr. Advisor
Job Description Join the Clean Energy Revolution
- Job ID: 71033723
- Job Family: Operations Support
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
Become an Environmental Incident Cause Evaluation Senior Advisor
within the Environmental Services Department at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will join the Monitoring and Continuous Improvement team responsible for leading and coordinating the evaluation and management process for environmental-related incidents to advance SCE's environmental management system (EMS). You will work with environmental program managers and operational partners across the enterprise to build, implement and run a best-in-class EMS incident management process. You'll lead cross-functional teams to ensure the effective evaluation of environmental incidents and coordinate the development of corrective actions to ensure that environmental incidents are effectively handled and appropriate actions are taken to prevent the reoccurrence of identified issues, and act as an expert in root cause analysis for environmental incidents. You will interact regularly with SCE management to provide innovative program strategies and recommendations for ensuring environmental compliance and helping to create a culture of continuous improvement.
As an Environmental Incident Cause Evaluation Senior Advisor
, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
Qualifications The essentials
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a cause evaluation and corrective action program function of the EMS.
- Performs cause evaluations, including interviewing environmental specialists and personnel involved in incidents, identifying causes and corrective actions, and developing methods for monitoring the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to provide training, documentation, and oversight to support the growth of cause evaluation and corrective action skill development in others.
- Help organize, storyline, and create presentation materials vital for discussions with various audiences including executive leaders.
- Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of projects that support continuous improvement.
- Support cross-functional teams to achieve outcomes by providing focused support.
- Presents findings from cause evaluation to leadership.
- Develops, implements, and reports on metrics related to incident status in the cause evaluation process.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ten years of experience performing audits, investigations, cause analysis, and/or resolving regulatory compliance matters
You should know
- Bachelor‘s or higher Degree in engineering, or a related environmental resource, compliance or management field
- PMP Certificate
- Lean Six Sigma
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to analyze complex regulatory and business problems and create innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn and assimilate complex and technical information in unfamiliar situations and be able to effectively communicate it in a non-technical manner.
About Southern California Edison
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides , to reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- Relocation may apply.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Edison/Southern California Edison (SCE) is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status. EEO is the Law /Pay Transparency . Edison/SCE participates in: E-Verify Program (English and Spanish ) | Right to Work program (English and Spanish ). Applicants have rights under Employment Laws .
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please contact Human Resources at (833) 343-0727 or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY).
Please be aware of scammers posing as recruiters or employers, using reputable company names with the intention to collect confidential and/or financial information. If you receive an unsolicited or suspicious job offer or application that claims to be from Edison International or Southern California Edison, please report it to our security team at (626) 815-5611.
Edison Energy and its subsidiaries are not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and they are not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.