Environmental Regulatory Compliance Specialist
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 35561
Job Title : Environmental Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Location : VRTLVA, USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : COR-CORP-ENVR
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
If you are committed to Building a World of Difference ®, check out this opportunity to join Black & Veatch's Environmental team. Our Environmental business has an Environmental Regulatory Compliance Specialist opening in Virginia to support environmental science and compliance associated with facility development, construction, and operation with a specific focus on renewable energy, particularly solar energy. We seek an individual with collaboration, field, and execution expertise who operates both independently and as part of a team to deliver exceptional environmental solutions for our clients.
- Provide critical support to our clients in environmental compliance planning and audits; environmental permitting; construction monitoring, including stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) preparation and Best Management Practices (BMP) inspections; and due diligence.
- Lead teams of environmental specialists.
- Advise clients on appropriate strategies to obtain and maintain compliance with environmental approvals and permits affecting siting, design, construction, and operation of projects.
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, engineers, construction and other environmental consultants.
- Prepare site certification applications, permit applications, environmental reports, and environmental compliance procedures manuals.
- Work includes a mix of desktop work, field assessments, report/permit preparation and travel. At times, 50% or more time spent in the field.
- Demonstrated success providing strategic environmental consulting for traditional and distributed power generation clients in the renewable energy sector with a specific focus on solar facilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of environmental impact assessment and review documents in compliance with NEPA, FERC, or comparable state or international requirements.
- Functional knowledge of environmental compliance and compliance audits, waters and wetland permitting, threatened and endangered species and cultural resource compliance.
- Demonstrated field experience in construction monitoring as related to environmental compliance, particularly solar projects.
- Positive, team-first, 'get the job done' attitude.
- Highly-developed critical thinking skills with proven problem-solving capabilities.
Education _:_ Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, environmental engineering, or sciences strongly preferred. May also consider other degrees, specialized training, or experience that uniquely qualifies the individual to perform the job responsibilities.
Expeirence : 5+ years of solutions-oriented environmental consulting to infrastructure or industrial projects. Graduate work may count as related work experience if directly applicable to job function.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Normal office environment. May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffold
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering